Sourcebook? Style guide? What do I have here?

Eoghan

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182380639248

Hello, I came across this binder in my office, though it was pretty cool and am trying to sell it on eBay to make some money for Christmas.
I thought it would be the kind of rarity that people might be interested in, but so far no one seems that bothered, not a single watcher or bid after 5 days!

So I just wanted to check with some experts (you guys), am I calling it the wrong thing, are there just too many bits missing from it or is it just something a serious collector wouldn't be interested in?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

lejackal

Grand Master
Not everything Star Wars is gold unfortunately - start it a 99p and see what happens, if it's sentimental value to you is more than a tenner then keep it.
That said most action will be in the last 24 hours anyway so you never know but as a general rule a mid to late nineties item is not going to set the world alight I'm afraid

Eoghan

Hi lejackal, thanks very much for the feedback. I did originally have it on there at 99p, but thought that was maybe the reason people weren't taking it seriously. Maybe you're right and I should just keep it for myself.
Thanks again for your advice.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Looking at the pictures, I'd say it was a branding guidelines folder. These are usually sent out by companies to their manufacturers/designers to ensure that all things produced, no matter which supplier they use all match and all conform to a basic set of rules. In my role, I send out the ones for my company when we start dealing with new suppliers/publishers/printers.
I'd guess there are lists of Pantone references and logo placement details etc.
Nice item if you were a modern collector/completest, I doubt though that there is a great deal of value yet... maybe in another 25 years.

Eoghan

Thanks SAVORY100, I did think that's what it was, just a bit tricky when there are no other examples around to use as a reference.

Thanks for the reply.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's an interesting item, thanks for posting it up. It's a it's got missing pages and missing media. Complete I would have said that was worth a fair few pounds, in that condition? Maybe your start price. Missing pages kill books and with 2 out of 3 discs missing it's all but wrecked it. Any idea what happened to the missing parts?

Eoghan

Hi ScruffyLookingNH, Yep, it's a long long way from 'mint' alright.
I think the binder was been used as a style guide for making Star Wars books since 1997 by the company I work for, so I'm guessing that the other artwork CD was been taken out and used a lot and someone just forgot to put it back one day, the two missing pages were probably taken out for scanning or reference and never put back into the binder, and god only knows why the CD ROM was ripped from the inside cover.

The problem is instead of it been a nice collectors thing it was just a work tool and was treated accordingly.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Eoghan said:
Hi ScruffyLookingNH, Yep, it's a long long way from 'mint' alright.
I think the binder was been used as a style guide for making Star Wars books since 1997 by the company I work for, so I'm guessing that the other artwork CD was been taken out and used a lot and someone just forgot to put it back one day, the two missing pages were probably taken out for scanning or reference and never put back into the binder, and god only knows why the CD ROM was ripped from the inside cover.

The problem is instead of it been a nice collectors thing it was just a work tool and was treated accordingly.

That sounds sensible. These things were, of course, meant for use not meant for some collector to sit and paw over :lol: Thanks again for highlighting it here. Just sorry I missed the 99p listing ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom