Can someone explain why this is this price?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I have been watching this

MOD EDIT, LINK TO LIVE AUCTION REMOVED

Can someone please help me understand why this is this price with 2 days still to go?

I know that it's a great figure on an really nice 30 back card, but do these really make this money these days?

Thanks.

lejackal

Grand Master
The last one at Vectis was two years ago and achieved £1100 plus fees if that helps

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ok, so that is the going price nowadays :shock:
Thanks but far too rich for me...

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I've removed the link to the live auction in your original post. Live auctiona are tricky as while I understamd people wanting to highlight things they feel are unusual, there is also the risk that you are highlighting an auction a member may be bidding on.

Rough rule of thumb, if it's something you think is fake or scam by all means highlight it. If it's something unusual or that you think is expensive/cheap, best check with a member or mod before posting.

lejackal

Grand Master
In fairness this is what the forum has listed as the ebay links rules;

"Ebay Listings
Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details."

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
In fairness this is what the forum has listed as the ebay links rules;

"Ebay Listings
Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details."

I was going to say, this was the subject of lengthy and passionate discussion and was deemed OK to post. That was the overall decision and the one Edd deemed appropriate.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sorry if I have caused problems...not my intention, just wanted to learn why the item was so desirable.
Anyway, the auction finished, I will not post another link, but what a final price!
It was a lovely item, some lucky person will be looking forward to the postman (...sorry post person, don't want to stir things up again :lol:) Knocking on their door this week.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Sorry if I have caused problems...not my intention, just wanted to learn why the item was so desirable.
Anyway, the auction finished, I will not post another link, but what a final price!
It was a lovely item, some lucky person will be looking forward to the postman (...sorry post person, don't want to stir things up again :lol:) Knocking on their door this week.

Don't worry, you didn't break any rules ;)

However, now the auction has ended, you need to give it 7 days, so come back in a week and stick the link up again, if you would. I'm intrigued :)

lejackal

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Mini99 said:

However, now the auction has ended, you need to give it 7 days, so come back in a week and stick the link up again, if you would. I'm intrigued :)
I'll pm you

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Mini99 said:

I'll pm you

Cheers mate. That one I had in my watch list. Hey, a guy can dream about a beautiful princess ;)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Mini99 said:

I'll pm you

Ok will do

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
I assume this is the item?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-PRINCESS-LEIA-HOTH-OUTFIT-PALITOY-30-BACK-ESB-MOMC-UnPUNCHED-/311796134636?hash=item48987f72ec:g:pKgAAOSwLEtYl3sJ

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi, yes that is the link.
What a great figure on an immaculate card, someone is very lucky, but what a price. :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom