Header image

Can someone explain why this is this price?

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Mini99
Regular
Regular

Can someone explain why this is this price?

Postby Mini99 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:20 pm

I have been watching this

MOD EDIT, LINK TO LIVE AUCTION REMOVED

Can someone please help me understand why this is this price with 2 days still to go?

I know that it's a great figure on an really nice 30 back card, but do these really make this money these days?

Thanks.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Can someone explain why this is this price?

Postby lejackal » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:28 pm

The last one at Vectis was two years ago and achieved £1100 plus fees if that helps

Mini99
Regular
Regular

Postby Mini99 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Ok, so that is the going price nowadays :shock:
Thanks but far too rich for me...

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:38 am

I've removed the link to the live auction in your original post. Live auctiona are tricky as while I understamd people wanting to highlight things they feel are unusual, there is also the risk that you are highlighting an auction a member may be bidding on.

Rough rule of thumb, if it's something you think is fake or scam by all means highlight it. If it's something unusual or that you think is expensive/cheap, best check with a member or mod before posting.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

Mini99
Regular
Regular

Postby Mini99 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Sorry, I was not aware.
Will ask in future.
Again sorry.

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:05 pm

No worries, newbie mistake. You aint the first and you won't be the last. All cool.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:14 pm

In fairness this is what the forum has listed as the ebay links rules;

"Ebay Listings
Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details."

ScruffyLookingNH
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:24 pm

lejackal wrote:In fairness this is what the forum has listed as the ebay links rules;

"Ebay Listings
Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details."

I was going to say, this was the subject of lengthy and passionate discussion and was deemed OK to post. That was the overall decision and the one Edd deemed appropriate.

Mini99
Regular
Regular

Postby Mini99 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Sorry if I have caused problems...not my intention, just wanted to learn why the item was so desirable.
Anyway, the auction finished, I will not post another link, but what a final price!
It was a lovely item, some lucky person will be looking forward to the postman (...sorry post person, don't want to stir things up again :lol:) Knocking on their door this week.

ScruffyLookingNH
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Mini99 wrote:Sorry if I have caused problems...not my intention, just wanted to learn why the item was so desirable.
Anyway, the auction finished, I will not post another link, but what a final price!
It was a lovely item, some lucky person will be looking forward to the postman (...sorry post person, don't want to stir things up again :lol:) Knocking on their door this week.

Don't worry, you didn't break any rules ;)

However, now the auction has ended, you need to give it 7 days, so come back in a week and stick the link up again, if you would. I'm intrigued :)

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:19 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Sorry if I have caused problems...not my intention, just wanted to learn why the item was so desirable.

However, now the auction has ended, you need to give it 7 days, so come back in a week and stick the link up again, if you would. I'm intrigued :)

I'll pm you

ScruffyLookingNH
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:23 pm

lejackal wrote:
ScruffyLookingNH wrote:

I'll pm you

Cheers mate. That one I had in my watch list. Hey, a guy can dream about a beautiful princess ;)

Mini99
Regular
Regular

Postby Mini99 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:45 am

lejackal wrote:
ScruffyLookingNH wrote:

I'll pm you

Ok will do

Mini99
Regular
Regular

Postby Mini99 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi, this ended last Sunday at 20:09, can I repost the link now?

chewbaccadave
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby chewbaccadave » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Return to “Ebay Listings”