Header image

Patience Pays Off - The Ebay Good News Bargain Thread

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Patience Pays Off - The Ebay Good News Bargain Thread

Postby Snaketibe » Thu May 17, 2018 8:34 pm

subzero wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:I bet if you said I’ll pay you extra for the protection they might change their tune

:lol: :lol: That's fucking true right there, you'd get a response back in 30 seconds saying.. "yes sir of course sir certainly sir, anything else you want me to do for you sir? don't hesitate to ask"

I've done that before now as well, and it worked for me. Admittedly I did ask for rather extreme protection of an item I was very keen not to receive any damage, but the seller was great about it. Their auction admittedly did also say to contact them before the action ended if any special packing requirements were needed, but I would have done so anyway. I made it very clear that I was happy to pay whatever the postage came to (£30 in the end, but it was worth it; I requested next day delivery on a very large and heavy box, hence the cost), and the seller was terrific about it. He was a rather rare seller in that he genuinely gave a damn and followed my packing instructions to the letter, and then even sent me an itemised breakdown of how the postage and packing charge had been arrived at (I didn't ask him for the breakdown, but it was nice to see!).

Nevertheless, if you can get the seller to understand in advance of you bidding what you require of them, that you are prepared to pay any reasonable extra postage charges, if necessary, and heavily imply (if not outright state) that if the item arrives damaged due to poor packing you will be returning it for a full refund (I've had to do that before as well), you usually find you'll get the item in the same condition it left the seller ;-)

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Fri May 18, 2018 7:50 am

Snaketibe wrote:
subzero wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:I bet if you said I’ll pay you extra for the protection they might change their tune

:lol: :lol: That's fucking true right there, you'd get a response back in 30 seconds saying.. "yes sir of course sir certainly sir, anything else you want me to do for you sir? don't hesitate to ask"

I've done that before now as well, and it worked for me. Admittedly I did ask for rather extreme protection of an item I was very keen not to receive any damage, but the seller was great about it. Their auction admittedly did also say to contact them before the action ended if any special packing requirements were needed, but I would have done so anyway. I made it very clear that I was happy to pay whatever the postage came to (£30 in the end, but it was worth it; I requested next day delivery on a very large and heavy box, hence the cost), and the seller was terrific about it. He was a rather rare seller in that he genuinely gave a damn and followed my packing instructions to the letter, and then even sent me an itemised breakdown of how the postage and packing charge had been arrived at (I didn't ask him for the breakdown, but it was nice to see!).

Nevertheless, if you can get the seller to understand in advance of you bidding what you require of them, that you are prepared to pay any reasonable extra postage charges, if necessary, and heavily imply (if not outright state) that if the item arrives damaged due to poor packing you will be returning it for a full refund (I've had to do that before as well), you usually find you'll get the item in the same condition it left the seller ;-)

Wow above & beyond, there really are a lot of great and helpful nice sellers out there, unfortunately the stupid ones and other ones that simply don't care can give ebay sellers a bad name which is a shame. But it's really nice when you deal with a great seller who cares about the item and your requests, an itemised P&P cost breakdown is just legendary, don't think iv'e ever seen that before. 8)
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

r5-d4cus
New User
New User

Postby r5-d4cus » Wed May 23, 2018 6:29 am

I put this on the new additions thread bit thought it worth sticking in here too, specially seeing how I forgot to post pics or a link in the other one! Scout Walker and falcon both in nice condition but missing some parts for £5.50.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/orderDetails?itemI ... 43&txnId=0
Attachments
WP_20180522_22_55_39_Rich.jpg
WP_20180522_22_55_39_Rich.jpg (127.38 KiB) Viewed 34 times

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Wed May 23, 2018 6:53 am

r5-d4cus wrote:I put this on the new additions thread bit thought it worth sticking in here too, specially seeing how I forgot to post pics or a link in the other one! Scout Walker and falcon both in nice condition but missing some parts for £5.50.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/orderDetails?itemI ... 43&txnId=0

Sweet deal, well done! 8)
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:01 pm

great work on the falcon

Return to “Ebay Listings”