UKG/AFA Loose Graded Set 10K Buy it Now

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

I have been looking at this set on ebay but I have no idea on loose graded prices. The set is mostly graded by UKG and most of the 98 figures are graded 85 or 90 (there are a few 80 grades in there but nothing below that). Are there any loose graded figure experts on here that could tell me how much a set like this would cost if bought individually?

Thanks for your help

Jez

Sith Lord
Do you mean bought individually and sent in for grading yourself or bought as single graded figures.
Either way i think 10K is a horrific price for a set of loose figures.
I think the current typical set of loose figures is ivo £3500. A graded set shouldn't be that much of a mark up. You should also be looking at a discount for a bulk deal not a price increase.
If you are really keen on collecting Star Wars, you'd do a lot worse than take a trip to Fordingbridge in May and enjoy your first Farthest From experience. There is bound to be loads of good stuff there at sensible prices.
My strongest recommend for you is look into going to the next Farthest From. It really is worth the time.

Lindo

Sith Lord
A lot of the figures would sell individually between 30-40, obviously you have your more expensive figures but even if you average that at 30 figures for 100 each and that's being generous I get that the value roughly and being very generous would be around the £5500, do yourself a favour and forget this lot as I can guarantee you will be paying double what you could get it for by buying them individually

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Jez said:
Do you mean bought individually and sent in for grading yourself or bought as single graded figures.
Either way i think 10K is a horrific price for a set of loose figures.
I think the current typical set of loose figures is ivo £3500. A graded set shouldn't be that much of a mark up. You should also be looking at a discount for a bulk deal not a price increase.
If you are really keen on collecting Star Wars, you'd do a lot worse than take a trip to Fordingbridge in May and enjoy your first Farthest From experience. There is bound to be loads of good stuff there at sensible prices.
My strongest recommend for you is look into going to the next Farthest From. It really is worth the time.

Bought as single graded figures

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Lindo said:
A lot of the figures would sell individually between 30-40, obviously you have your more expensive figures but even if you average that at 30 figures for 100 each and that's being generous I get that the value roughly and being very generous would be around the £5500, do yourself a favour and forget this lot as I can guarantee you will be paying double what you could get it for by buying them individually

The thing that threw me on the prices is the price of Yak Face on ebay currently varies between £360 and £2500 for high graded examples what I am not sure of is what they actualy sell for. I then presumed that the other last 17 would also be high!

Lindo

Sith Lord
bought as graded but then if you buy as loose then you have to pay to get them graded, so if you buy a mint figure for 20 quid then you pay 16.80 or summint to get it graded as there is a tax on it now which I'm sure when I have had stuff graded in the past there wasn't , then you pay the postage and then you pay then return postage say 6 quid, so total your probably paying £40-£45 depending on how many you get graded at once cause then you would save a bit on postage, so it basically works out the same as buying them already graded unless you get an 80 grade then your ****ed and out of pocket

Lindo

Sith Lord
I sold an AFA 85 one recently which gain a bit of a premium over ukg for 380 I think it was, like I said some figures will be more expensive but it would average out to about what I said

Lindo

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Lindo said:

The thing that threw me on the prices is the price of Yak Face on ebay currently varies between £360 and £2500 for high graded examples what I am not sure of is what they actualy sell for. I then presumed that the other last 17 would also be high!

Probably 15 out of the last 17 you can buy graded if for between 75-125, theres only R2 and Yak that are the mega expensive ones

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Lindo said:

So if I am buying a pregraded set you would not recommend me paying more than £5500?

Do you know anyone on here with a mint ungraded set?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I love your keenness but you need to slow down friend.

I don't know many people with a graded run, and the likelihood of them selling it if they did is slim, unless you weighed in with a lot of cash.

The reason is the way you get a graded run is by buying a ton of nice loose figures and sending them relentlessly to the graders until you hit all the grades you want and sell the excess.

Or you buy them graded, which is expensive.

Both routes involve a lot of effort and time, hence the sellers wanting a lot of money when sets do get sold.

You seem a bit all over the place at the moment. Probably best to focus on one things. If you want the palitoy, your best bet is to do a bit of networking with the palitoy guys. That will take time and effort but if your willing to make it then you will start to pick up bits.

If you decide to go to Orlando, give me a shout. I will introduce you to some of the uk guys over there. We may not buy a load of 30 backs but we do have a good time.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Mr-shifter said:
I love your keenness but you need to slow down friend.

I don't know many people with a graded run, and the likelihood of them selling it if they did is slim, unless you weighed in with a lot of cash.

The reason is the way you get a graded run is by buying a ton of nice loose figures and sending them relentlessly to the graders until you hit all the grades you want and sell the excess.

Or you buy them graded, which is expensive.

Both routes involve a lot of effort and time, hence the sellers wanting a lot of money when sets do get sold.

You seem a bit all over the place at the moment. Probably best to focus on one things. If you want the palitoy, your best bet is to do a bit of networking with the palitoy guys. That will take time and effort but if your willing to make it then you will start to pick up bits.

If you decide to go to Orlando, give me a shout. I will introduce you to some of the uk guys over there. We may not buy a load of 30 backs but we do have a good time.

I am a little all over the place as you say, I started looking at the loose graded set because I can't find any of the Palitoy carded figures I am looking for. I definitely need to network more and meet new people which would be another reason to go to Orlando, so any introductions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
So if I am buying a pregraded set you would not recommend me paying more than £5500?

I wouldn't recommend spending £100!

The fun is finding pieces for cheap. Anyone can throw money at collecting, but collecting with guile is a skill. In the same way that putting your foot on the accelerator does not make a good driver.

wrighty

Sith Lord
I think it's been mentioned to you before the name of the game is patience, enjoy the search and hunt. Of course if you have the dosh then splash out 10k on the graded loose set, it's an instance complete set, what's the fun? Unfortunately bargain and fast don't go together. As the other mentioned go to FF and you will pick up some bargains and meet fellow collectors. Or go to Orlando and pick up your Palitoy 30 Back set!! :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom