Header image

I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
User avatar
subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Postby subzero » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3772
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Postby lejackal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:03 pm

subzero wrote:Here's another silly one lol...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star- ... SwP0ZZktvy

:lol:

Thing is there are that many people looking for one at the minute it's probably not going to hang around long

User avatar
Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:01 pm
Location: Sussex by the Sea

Re: I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Postby Mr-shifter » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:04 pm

£4000 I think it sells.

£6000 is way to high. I know of two recently hit the market. One was in much nicer nick than this.
Looking for: A fair priced ungraded trilogo Yak Face MOC (Condition is not so important - no cracked bubbles or broken seals though)

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Postby subzero » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:57 pm

Really??, wow did not know the full value of that, an unpainted knee tri logo Fett went for less than £900 recently MOC, it was a Palitoy cardback though.

Why is the tri logo cardback variant much more expensive?.. much rarer?
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

User avatar
Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:01 pm
Location: Sussex by the Sea

Re: I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Postby Mr-shifter » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:51 pm

One of the toughest to get. Madine at the top of the tree, then fett and jawa out on their own then getting less tough hybrid ccp and hammerhead then it goes from there.
Looking for: A fair priced ungraded trilogo Yak Face MOC (Condition is not so important - no cracked bubbles or broken seals though)

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Postby subzero » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:30 am

Right I see, I suppose as well not all loose light grey Fett's are actually 'tri logo' but everyone just calls it that, so if it's on a tri logo cardback then you KNOW it's a real tri logo, that plus the rarity and condition and I can see where the demand would push the price up.

Surely tri logo Madine though wouldn't be more expensive than Fett?... is it?.. I mean it's Madine, :lol:
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3772
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Postby lejackal » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:36 am

subzero wrote:Right I see, I suppose as well not all loose light grey Fett's are actually 'tri logo' but everyone just calls it that, so if it's on a tri logo cardback then you KNOW it's a real tri logo, that plus the rarity and condition and I can see where the demand would push the price up.

Surely tri logo Madine though wouldn't be more expensive than Fett?... is it?.. I mean it's Madine, :lol:

I know of two to in public, one at about £11000 and the second at a staggering £20k although I'm told you shouldn't be paying more than about £8k. They don't sell publicly very often and can be very difficult to shake loose from other collectors. Look in the swap shop and you'll find a one of a kind Chewbacca MOC up for trade in an attempt to get a Madine

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Postby subzero » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:17 am

lejackal wrote:
subzero wrote:Right I see, I suppose as well not all loose light grey Fett's are actually 'tri logo' but everyone just calls it that, so if it's on a tri logo cardback then you KNOW it's a real tri logo, that plus the rarity and condition and I can see where the demand would push the price up.

Surely tri logo Madine though wouldn't be more expensive than Fett?... is it?.. I mean it's Madine, :lol:

I know of two to in public, one at about £11000 and the second at a staggering £20k although I'm told you shouldn't be paying more than about £8k. They don't sell publicly very often and can be very difficult to shake loose from other collectors. Look in the swap shop and you'll find a one of a kind Chewbacca MOC up for trade in an attempt to get a Madine


Just wow! :shock:

It shows how much of a long way knowledge can go, if someone put that Madine on ebay for £100 and I seen it I would have laughed at it and carried on scrolling :?

Personally myself even at that scale of rarity I would never keep it if I had one, i'd rather swap that for an entire collection of cheap MOC's that I actually like any day of the week 8)
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3772
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Postby lejackal » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:58 am

subzero wrote:
lejackal wrote:
subzero wrote:Right I see, I suppose as well not all loose light grey Fett's are actually 'tri logo' but everyone just calls it that, so if it's on a tri logo cardback then you KNOW it's a real tri logo, that plus the rarity and condition and I can see where the demand would push the price up.

Surely tri logo Madine though wouldn't be more expensive than Fett?... is it?.. I mean it's Madine, :lol:

I know of two to in public, one at about £11000 and the second at a staggering £20k although I'm told you shouldn't be paying more than about £8k. They don't sell publicly very often and can be very difficult to shake loose from other collectors. Look in the swap shop and you'll find a one of a kind Chewbacca MOC up for trade in an attempt to get a Madine

It shows how much of a long way knowledge can go, if someone put that Madine on ebay for £100 and I seen it I would have laughed at it and carried on scrolling :?

Funny you should say that.....
http://trilogo.info/features/general-madine/

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Postby subzero » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:50 pm

lejackal wrote:
subzero wrote:
lejackal wrote:I know of two to in public, one at about £11000 and the second at a staggering £20k although I'm told you shouldn't be paying more than about £8k. They don't sell publicly very often and can be very difficult to shake loose from other collectors. Look in the swap shop and you'll find a one of a kind Chewbacca MOC up for trade in an attempt to get a Madine

It shows how much of a long way knowledge can go, if someone put that Madine on ebay for £100 and I seen it I would have laughed at it and carried on scrolling :?

Funny you should say that.....
http://trilogo.info/features/general-madine/


Very interesting read!!

Holy crap!, 27 known to exist, now I really get it lol. That buyer too must have felt absolutely sick to the stomach having that 90EUR deal of the century cancelled on him, that's the only problem in this game, no way in hell are other collectors going to let an extremely rare piece like that go for such low money to another collector, they know if they throw up a high enough offer in the thousands to the seller they will absolutely cancel the sale for them.

So basically if you ever find an amazing bargain on ebay enjoy the buzz for 10 mins then say bye bye to it because a backdoorer :lol:

In reality the seller should get what he deserves for it and I can understand cancellations in moments like this one, but in all fairness in my eyes it's the sellers fault for not being educated in the item they're selling and it should have gone to the original buyer fair & square, which is why I really believe ebay should bring in a system that does not show up sold items until a week after it's ended. It's a sellers responsibility to know the item they're selling, it takes 1 minute to google something. :?
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers


Return to “Ebay Listings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest