Header image

I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

Postby Robstyley » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Aside from the price, which is insane.. obviously, it is a very cool piece which I have never seen. So thanks for posting :D

StarWarsFan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby StarWarsFan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:14 pm

Stormtrooper88
New User
New User

Postby Stormtrooper88 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:15 pm

I guess this is a stupid question, but why is it on a Walrus man card?

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Stormtrooper88 wrote:I guess this is a stupid question, but why is it on a Walrus man card?

Not stupid at all. There are a couple of other things you should ask as well.

Why is a ROTJ figure on an esb card
Why does bib have a white cape.

It is a preproduction sample. I imagine the bib is a first shot figure, or maybe even a hard copy, I'm not sure. Both are stages in the figures life before it goes into production. The cape and weapon will also be prototypes.

So Kenner had made this guy as a precursor to the bib fortuna figure being released. At this stage different colours and materials are tried out. Another part of the marketing stage would be to card the figure to see how it looks in the bubble, wether the fit is good etc etc but at that stage the bib card would have still been in the early design stages. So they used what they had, i.e. A cardback already produced to see what the figure and bubble might look like on a card.

It's a very cool piece, being sold at a stinging premium. A very small part of the bib fortuna figures story from concept to final piece.

If Oliver sudweeks is reading this, perhaps he will share a picture of his leia poncho which will give you a bit of a feel for other figures like this.
Looking for: A fair priced ungraded trilogo Yak Face MOC (Condition is not so important - no cracked bubbles or broken seals though)

Stormtrooper88
New User
New User

Postby Stormtrooper88 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Thank you Mr Shifter. Very concise answer and explains a lot.

tobedesu
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby tobedesu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:
Stormtrooper88 wrote:I guess this is a stupid question, but why is it on a Walrus man card?

If Oliver sudweeks is reading this, perhaps he will share a picture of his leia poncho which will give you a bit of a feel for other figures like this.

Oh, do tell. What's the Leia all about?

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:57 pm

Discuss

IMG_5720.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Looking for: A fair priced ungraded trilogo Yak Face MOC (Condition is not so important - no cracked bubbles or broken seals though)

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Seen this one before, also very cool and weird. Jedi figure on a Jedi card of an Empire character!? Maybe not quite as weird as the other one, a Jedi figure on an Empire card of a Star Wars character. Strange to think potentially any combination could have been put together. The designers may have just toddled off down to the factory with their prototype figure/s and bubble, interrupted a worker on a sealing machine and said - "stick this on one of those cards" for us. And the prototype just ended up on whatever figures card they happened to be sealing at the time. That's how I like to imagine it happening anyway :wink:

Darth Satan
New User
New User

Postby Darth Satan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:33 pm

Bit suspect this one I reckon. Fine for an '83 figure to be on an Empire crad, becuase there would have been plenty knocking about. But an '84 one? No need.

Return to “Ebay Listings”