Header image

But it's just the box?!

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

But it's just the box?!

Postby Palifan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:56 pm

Always love when the seller splits up the toy from the packaging just to make more money out of it, but would you pay this for it? :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1984- ... 2809826813

Ian

Hooch
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: But it's just the box?!

Postby Hooch » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:14 am

Would I pay that for it? No but then again I don't know if anyone has yet. Seller always seems to have the exact same item, well most of them up FS again in a few months time
Hooch, somehow you always make ewoks look cool 8)

My feedback: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23429

My most wanted: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23845

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 am

personally I think he would get more keeping it together with it's box
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:19 pm

I remember the good old days when I paid £200 for mine complete with box :lol: Now you only get the box for the same price :shock:

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:20 pm

When I first read the listing I thought it was for vehicle as well and then realised it wasn't. Thinking about it I would probably pay that and over for an opened VCJ Palitoy 12 back card and bubble so I guess it's all relative really. I just hate when sellers part things out like this just to maximize on profit. The loose Skiff he was selling probably came with this box so it just doesn't seem right to split it up like this.

Ian

Bunglebubs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Bunglebubs » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:56 pm

There seems to be quite of bit of this going on. Have noticed it with a few baggie mailers too, selling all the baggies and box in seperate listings. Not too sure if I agree with it or not but I guess if you are just after one or two baggies to complete other mailers then you would be happy about it.
There is no spoon!

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:16 pm

That seller is a magnificent dick. He had a Palitoy Boba Fett listed a while back and snuck in the description it was possibly, although unlikely, a reseal. He directed buyers to make their own minds up based on his photos then completely negated to photograph the affected area. Despite repeated requests for accurate photos he put up more shit photos and did a Glanville (failed to answer direct questions with direct answers).

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 pm

I have seen their listings before and always stayed away due to how over the top they seem. Just out for a quick buck and who knows what's been done to any of their stock.

Ian

wrighty
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby wrighty » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:31 pm

Palifan wrote:When I first read the listing I thought it was for vehicle as well and then realised it wasn't. Thinking about it I would probably pay that and over for an opened VCJ Palitoy 12 back card and bubble so I guess it's all relative really. I just hate when sellers part things out like this just to maximize on profit. The loose Skiff he was selling probably came with this box so it just doesn't seem right to split it up like this.

Ian

I think a Palitoy Jawa card with the correct VC bubble will be worth a tad more than £200! :lol:

Return to “Ebay Listings”