Why bother?

wrighty

Sith Lord
Item listed on eBay for $13.88, made best offer $10 plus postage, counter offer $13 plus postage, WTF!! Why bother with best offer if you only going to take $0.88 off????? People are really stupid. On another item listed for £50 plus postage, I am watching the listing over 30 days no sale, price reduced to £35 plus postage, so I put an offer in for £30 including postage to UK the guy says no, still no sale and now price at £30 plus postage. I am just going to wait till price drops further. Crazy to not compromise a little to make sale and rather hold on to stock!! :shock:

apack7229

Sith Lord
There was a loose fett that a guy had on ebay last year for $10 or best offer. I offered $7 for it and his counter was $9.86. I don't know why some people have a best offer if they aren't willing to go less than a few cents. :roll:

sparkysx

Sith Lord
this has just happened to me, item is 39.99, not worth that so I offer 30.00 and they come back with 36.09, wtf?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Totally agree if you list Best Offer, you need to be offering a discount that isn't just a few cents...

From the other side of the coin though, I was selling a pair of unworn top of the line cycling shoes. They had an RRP of c£260, I listed them at £150 BIN or best offer... Only offers I got for ages were around £40!!! They did eventually sell for £120, but it does seem to work both ways. I was willing to take a hit to get the sale, but 73% discount off my BIN is just crazy

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
This happened to me last week for a Lando, offered £8 and the seller countered with £8.50.

I thought exactly the same why bother and just declined, I understand the seller has a bottom line but every time I put an offer in, the seller always seems to counter.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Agree with this although it does work both ways. Also think it depends on the value and who's buying and selling etc. Also if you listed something yesterday for 30 days why would you take a low offer straight away? No need. If I've listed something at 60 I'll prob take 50, thats the same as taking 10 for a £12 buy it now. People often offer half what Im asking for a modern Moc or something. Well, you wouldn't take 3k for a car you wanted 6k for would you? It's no different. A guy just offered about 2/3 what Im asking for a modern Star Wars item, I look at his sales, he has 350 items for sale, mostly action figure related stuff, all overpriced. He's a dealer and a flipper so he doesn't get a discount :D

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
Agree with this although it does work both ways. Also think it depends on the value and who's buying and selling etc. Also if you listed something yesterday for 30 days why would you take a low offer straight away? No need. If I've listed something at 60 I'll prob take 50, thats the same as taking 10 for a £12 buy it now. People often offer half what Im asking for a modern Moc or something. Well, you wouldn't take 3k for a car you wanted 6k for would you? It's no different. A guy just offered about 2/3 what Im asking for a modern Star Wars item, I look at his sales, he has 350 items for sale, mostly action figure related stuff, all overpriced. He's a dealer and a flipper so he doesn't get a discount :D

I agree, but being sent a counter offer of 36.09 makes me think the seller is a bit of a nutcase!

wrighty

Sith Lord
In another incidence, I submitted a best offer and was countered with a very low discount and the guy told me he has a second offer at this amount but since my offer was 1st he was going to offer to me, does he think I was born yesterday? I declined his offer ask him to take the other offer and 2 months down the line and it's still for sale. :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I tried not long ago to bid on a star wars comic, seller want £20

I made an offer on £3 and get a counter offer on £19 :lol:

Lindo

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:

If that was me I would have countered at 19.99 :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lindo said:
Pomse2001 said:

If that was me I would have countered at 19.99 :lol:

Likewise ;)

Actually, when I get what I consider to be timewaster offers I just ignore them. Saves time and blood pressure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom