Vlix repro figure

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Does any one have some experience with this Ebay seller? He's from Singapore and has a very nice Vlix repro figure for sale. Don't misunderstand me: I do not like any repro stuff used for selling as the real thing. But this figure is marked as repro and a genuine Vlix figure is hard to find and very, very expensive.

http://www.ebay.nl/usr/swindyfan?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Palifan

Sith Lord
I know some of the guys on here and other forums don't really like the things this guy produces but for the most part I don't mind them. Everything is marked reproduction or something somewhere and when it's dealing with items that are super rare or unavailable like Vlix or the prototype Boba Fett that he was recently selling, I don't think anyone in the market for these would be fooled by them being passed off as original (anyone willing to drop thousands on something like Vlix must have done some homework on it and if they haven't then I think they're to blame if they get caught out).

Like I said there is definitely a divide with people into this guys products but I've dealt with him a few times and never had a problem with him and he always ships quickly and supplies a solid product. Don't flame me though guys!!

Ian

MarkG

Jedi Master
I have one of his Vlix mocs... didn't buy it from him directly but I did get a set of his RF Fetts a few years back.. no issues there.

Vlix is well made and has 'Copia' on the leg and no peg holes so no chance of being passed off as genuine.

Ryan aka Bantha5 over on RS made some real nice ones years ago too.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
MarkG said:
I have one of his Vlix mocs... didn't buy it from him directly but I did get a set of his RF Fetts a few years back.. no issues there.

Vlix is well made and has 'Copia' on the leg and no peg holes so no chance of being passed off as genuine.

Ryan aka Bantha5 over on RS made some real nice ones years ago too.

can you post a picture of it?

MarkG

Jedi Master
here you go mate.

shitvlix.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I normally would avoid this repo stuff like the plague, but it's really appealing, and I think it would display really well.
Does anyone know what the customs charges would be to import it from Singapore?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
I normally would avoid this repo stuff like the plague, but it's really appealing, and I think it would display really well.
Does anyone know what the customs charges would be to import it from Singapore?

When I've had things from this seller sent to the UK in the past there was no customs charge due to the way it was sent. I've not had anything recently sent to me in the UK so I've no idea if it's different now but as it's not coming form the US it probably has more chance of slipping under the radar. I think the seller will always try to send it out to people so they don't get caught out with additional charges (like declaring it's value at only $10).

As for the picture of the doc Vlix above I remember the seller first selling these years ago sealed and I'm not sure if he still does that as he did make up boxes for them (or you can get them loose). The colours may differ as this is an earlier one and I can't remember if he changed the mould on the later ones. Also he offers the Vlix in 2 colour ways as I think this is how they were released (or one is a prototype version). You'll have to decide which colour is for you if you do go for one.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi Ian,
Many thanks for your reply.
I wasn't aware that there were two colour choices, I will have another look.
As I mentioned, this is not something that I would normally go for, but it would look good "on the shelf"
If I do order one I will update this with the costs and my thoughts once it is in hand.
Again, thanks
Nick.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Glad to help out Nick and I only recently realized that he came in two different colours. Look forward to seeing a picture if you do go for it and I also don't normally go for things like this but I don't think something like this is going to harm the vintage world as these are really hard to come by and most of us could never afford an original.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom