Header image

Flipping eck. So blatant it's embarrassing.

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.

Sparky P
Regular
Regular

Re: Flipping eck. So blatant it's embarrassing.

Postby Sparky P » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Erik strikes again!!!

Scourge of the hobby.

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm selling stuff at the moment on ebay and it fucks me off all these `toytraders' sending me stupid offers so they can blatantly flip it for more, as you can imagine there's a nice sentence that I have for them that ends in off
cunts
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby stormcab » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Lindo wrote:I'm selling stuff at the moment on ebay and it fucks me off all these `toytraders' sending me stupid offers so they can blatantly flip it for more, as you can imagine there's a nice sentence that I have for them that ends in off
cunts

Niiiiiiiiiiiice :D

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:36 am

Lindo wrote:I'm selling stuff at the moment on ebay and it fucks me off all these `toytraders' sending me stupid offers so they can blatantly flip it for more, as you can imagine there's a nice sentence that I have for them that ends in off
cunts

This was my point on that other thread about people not accepting close to the asking. You don't mind accepting a bit less, I normally price things a little high but with best offer, but when you're asking 40 and some dick offers you 20 and you know they don't want it, they're just going to put it back up for 50 or 60, they can fuck right off. Sadly all the flipping is contributing to driving prices up, everyone suddenly thinks they're a fucking toy dealer.

StarWarsFan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby StarWarsFan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Ditto had the same happen to me loads of time ass holes

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Robstyley wrote:
cunts

This was my point on that other thread about people not accepting close to the asking. You don't mind accepting a bit less, I normally price things a little high but with best offer, but when you're asking 40 and some dick offers you 20 and you know they don't want it, they're just going to put it back up for 50 or 60, they can fuck right off. Sadly all the flipping is contributing to driving prices up, everyone suddenly thinks they're a fucking toy dealer.

Exactly mate, I got something on for 120 atm and someone offered 50! So I sent a counter offer of 119.99
Pricks

Bunglebubs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Bunglebubs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Lindo wrote:
Robstyley wrote:
cunts

Exactly mate, I got something on for 120 atm and someone offered 50! So I sent a counter offer of 119.99
Pricks

:lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no spoon!

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:21 pm

I went with a low offer recently as I knew the seller had listed the item way to high. It had been sitting on ebay forever and even though I knew they would go for my original offer it got the ball rolling and after sending some examples of how much it was really worth I got it at half price. Not a steal by any means but a fair price for something that doesn't come up often.

I do hate these low-ball dealers though, especially when they're rude or or hoping you don't know what you have. the more things that get straight into collectors hands the better I think. If you miss list something with a BIN or nobody notices your auction and it goes for cheap then that's fine but it is irritating when people try to take the piss just so they can instantly re-list it for double the price.

Ian

monkeyboy
Regular
Regular

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:15 am

Make up your minds, some time ago it was pointed out a seller on here was flipping items for large percentages but because it was also sold on here to a fellow member for a 'fair price' then it was ok.

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:51 am

monkeyboy wrote:Make up your minds, some time ago it was pointed out a seller on here was flipping items for large percentages but because it was also sold on here to a fellow member for a 'fair price' then it was ok.

i have no problem with people making money, if a piece increases in value then obviously you should sell it for what it is worth but it is cunts like this that whap 100% on that is driving the prices up, I remember when I was buying loose yak face's for 50 quid now they are 150 ish if your lucky

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:01 am

Lindo wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:Make up your minds, some time ago it was pointed out a seller on here was flipping items for large percentages but because it was also sold on here to a fellow member for a 'fair price' then it was ok.

i have no problem with people making money, if a piece increases in value then obviously you should sell it for what it is worth but it is cunts like this that whap 100% on that is driving the prices up, I remember when I was buying loose yak face's for 50 quid now they are 150 ish if your lucky

This ^ ^

Ian

x-pack
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby x-pack » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:31 pm

stormcab wrote:
cunts

Niiiiiiiiiiiice :D

'Niiiiice off!' :lol:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:58 pm

I just hate when people do something like that. A guy bought a danish childhood collection from a woman last year, I came 10 min. late and it was sold to him that morning. I knew who the buyer was, a guy who buy and sell it again just to make a profit.

Less than 10 hours later in the afternoon he had picked it up and was beginning to split the childhood lot and selling all the items for a much bigger price :evil:

Return to “Ebay Listings”