Header image

Can everyone report this seller please....

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Can everyone report this seller please....

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Yeah, if you return this item because it's not as described eBay will force the seller to pay.

However, if you can satisfy eBay this item is fake then they will instruct you NOT to return it and still refund you all the money. And even if they ask you to return it for a refund just point to Royal Mail's terms and condition of carriage which state that they will not transport fake or counterfeit items.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:31 pm

subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote:
You could easily get the purchase cost back after returning it with full tracking/signature, only downside to it is ebay don't have a system in place to force the seller to reimburse return shipping costs. Iv'e had a couple of sellers in the past completely ignore me when requesting for my return postage cost back, some also don't care about getting negative feedback.

Luckily though not many sellers are like this, but there are some bad ones out there who refuse to refund the shipping.

I once contacted ebay because a seller did not wanted to refund my mail money and I won and also got my mail money :D

I have always got my mail money back :D

Brilliant, how do they claim it back for you?.. I didn't know you could do that!

I am not sure, it was a few years ago so I do not remember how I did it. But I also had a problem with another seller who would also not give me my money back. I gave him negative feedback after he gave me my refund and he got angry and then he offered me the mail money back if I would change it to neutral so I did that when he also gave me my mail money back. You can try that before talking with ebay :?

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:45 pm

I'll have to remember that for next time, i'll hint at threatening neg fb for not refunding the postage and then resort to contacting ebay about it if nothing is done :D
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:22 pm

done!
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:43 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:Yeah, if you return this item because it's not as described eBay will force the seller to pay.

However, if you can satisfy eBay this item is fake then they will instruct you NOT to return it and still refund you all the money. And even if they ask you to return it for a refund just point to Royal Mail's terms and condition of carriage which state that they will not transport fake or counterfeit items.

I never knew THAT either :)

Wouldn't that policy just apply to modern products though like clothing / electronics / media etc, and not vintage?

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:17 pm

subzero wrote:
ScruffyLookingNH wrote:Yeah, if you return this item because it's not as described eBay will force the seller to pay.

I never knew THAT either :)

Wouldn't that policy just apply to modern products though like clothing / electronics / media etc, and not vintage?

No distinction. Fake is fake :)

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:28 pm

This will be very handy the next time I get a fake pushed onto me as genuine.

Fuck you scam sellers :twisted:

TheJabbaWookie
Regular
Regular

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:38 pm

I bought off of him earlier this year when I was looking to complete my Falcon. Thought nothing of it at first until I saw he kept getting more and more, and no one has that many so they had to be fake.

In the end I bought an original off another trusted seller and his one was nothing like it. It was too late for me to leave negative feedback so I had no leverage for a refund. Don't know how he's got no other negative feedback though.

I've reported him too.
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:06 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:I bought off of him earlier this year when I was looking to complete my Falcon. Thought nothing of it at first until I saw he kept getting more and more, and no one has that many so they had to be fake.

In the end I bought an original off another trusted seller and his one was nothing like it. It was too late for me to leave negative feedback so I had no leverage for a refund. Don't know how he's got no other negative feedback though.

I've reported him too.

No I don't understand this either, a lot of these rip off artists have 100% positive feedback.
Wasn't there something a few years back about buying feedback?

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:15 pm

subzero wrote:I'll have to remember that for next time, i'll hint at threatening neg fb for not refunding the postage and then resort to contacting ebay about it if nothing is done :D

Don't ever threaten or even mention feedback during a dispute, it can be used to remove the feedback after you have left it. Of course that is handy to know as a seller too, if a buyer ever threatens negative feedback let them leave it and then ask eBay to remove it.

Section 8
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Section 8 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:24 pm

Done.
"Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding."

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:45 pm

subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:Why not buy from him, report it to ebay and ask for the money back + the mail money. Then he would each time losing his own money on the mail. Maybe it will be to expensive for him so he will stop :? :lol:

You could easily get the purchase cost back after returning it with full tracking/signature, only downside to it is ebay don't have a system in place to force the seller to reimburse return shipping costs. Iv'e had a couple of sellers in the past completely ignore me when requesting for my return postage cost back, some also don't care about getting negative feedback.

Luckily though not many sellers are like this, but there are some bad ones out there who refuse to refund the shipping.

If you are returning as not described or fake then they have to cover the return costs, simply specify this in your return request and if they won't do it wait until you can escalate to Ebay and they issue a pre paid returns label which I assume the seller has to pay for

TheJabbaWookie
Regular
Regular

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:53 pm

If you open a case and site the reason as item does not seem authentic, did not match the description or arrived broken then the seller is obliged to pay for the return postage. However if the seller does not respond to the open case and it gets to the point where eBay refund you as part of their money Back Guarantee scheme then they only pay you the original price paid and postage, and not any money it cost you to return the item to the seller.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:59 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:If you open a case and site the reason as item does not seem authentic, did not match the description or arrived broken then the seller is obliged to pay for the return postage. However if the seller does not respond to the open case and it gets to the point where eBay refund you as part of their money Back Guarantee scheme then they only pay you the original price paid and postage, and not any money it cost you to return the item to the seller.

at which point you squeeze it in the postbox with his address on and no stamps

TheJabbaWookie
Regular
Regular

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:36 pm

lejackal wrote:at which point you squeeze it in the postbox with his address on and no stamps

If only it were that easy, except in order to get your money from eBay, you have to show you sent it tracked. eBayne of our lives!

Return to “Ebay Listings”