Header image

AFA Rejects!!

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

AFA Rejects!!

Postby lejackal » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:27 pm

I really don't understand why people would buy this shit other than to try and pass off again in the future?
Also WTF are the arsewipe fuckwit association doing casing up this shit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302410962800

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302410953523

Stubbs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: AFA Rejects!!

Postby Stubbs » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:32 pm

lejackal wrote:I really don't understand why people would buy this shit other than to try and pass off again in the future?
Also WTF are the arsewipe fuckwit association doing casing up this shit?

One word Greed they case it up so they can justify taking the money. That is my guess anyway.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:13 pm

I saw these and thought WTF. Surely any decent SW fan would say don't bother casing it or pull it out of its now meaningless plastic shell, rather than put it back on the market?

They could easily get their hands on an original weapon and resubmit it if AFA casing was their thing. It must be easier and cheaper to find a pilot blaster then a near mint CCP after all!

And don't AFA give you a credit towards your next purchase like UKG if they reject it?
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:44 pm

No AFA charge you regardless of whether the item gets graded or not and they give you the option of having the item cased or not. They should do as well, it stops collectors sending mountains of stuff in that is fake on the of chance an item will get graded. Imagine paying someone to check authenticity all day and then finding everything is fake and no grading fee applies, makes no business sense.

This is reassuring for me as I've read many times that AFA grade repro weapons, yet I've never come across one.

Cue someone posting an example. :lol:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:47 pm

This is ridiculous :?: :?:

I understand the charging as it's a business and like what's been said it stops from sending in tons of fakes, wasting even more time & money. But why not charge and then send it back loose as it is instead of sealing it in a case?.. or if they're gonna do the case thing just put it in a standard one that can be opened?....

Sealing it seems stupid, when it's a fully sealed case it makes it look official/genuine and there's bound to be some ways clever scammers could pass some off to new collectors who don't know jack about Star Wars figures.

And on the flip side if the owner wants the figure out they have to smash that thing to bits risking damaging the figure.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:08 pm

theforceuk wrote:No AFA charge you regardless of whether the item gets graded or not and they give you the option of having the item cased or not. They should do as well, it stops collectors sending mountains of stuff in that is fake on the of chance an item will get graded. Imagine paying someone to check authenticity all day and then finding everything is fake and no grading fee applies, makes no business sense.

This is reassuring for me as I've read many times that AFA grade repro weapons, yet I've never come across one.

Cue someone posting an example. :lol:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t88 ... edi-figure

:lol:

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:47 pm

:lol: :lol:

New it!

AFA give you the option of casing it if it gets rejected so if you didn't want it cased why would you choose to case it and then crack it open?

They automatically charge you for grading and casing, so they can't then refuse to case it can they!

I wander what persent of loose figures they have graded with repro weapons?
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:27 am

Even worse is that some dumb cunt paid 36 quid for the ccp, stupidity knows no bounds
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:27 am

If someone owns an ungraded figure in a case they can easily change their mind at any point and just get the desire to smash it open, there's no grade on it stopping that temptation.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Return to “Ebay Listings”