Header image

vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby poncho » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:20 am

cape looks like a cut kenobi. i doubt its a toltoys as its a uk sale

bobskins
Regular
Regular

Postby bobskins » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:04 pm

The person with 8 VCJs also appears to be selling 21 French Villas / Town Houses. Maybe they just like expensive things...

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:06 pm

bobskins wrote:The person with 8 VCJs also appears to be selling 21 French Villas / Town Houses. Maybe they just like expensive things...

Well that's a strange lot of listings, the price for these would be great if they were in most parts of the UK (anywhere other than where Richard lives :lol: ).

Ian

Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Snaketibe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:15 am

So, not content with selling 11 :shock: vinyl Jawas (2 admittedly AFA) on 27/08/17, and averaging a whopping £1,087.54 on each one, today vintageplanetarium has ANOTHER 16( :shock: :shock: :shock:) for sale... all but one AFA one (yes, another one) using exactly the same auction pictures. You know, if it was me and I had 16 VCJs for sale and I knew I'd likely get over a grand for each one, I actually could be bothered to photograph each and every one, but maybe that's just me?

These new ones MIGHT all be genuine, just like the previous 11 MIGHT have been... if he has been stockpiling them over the years, however I have long wondered how hard it would be to find or have made some more vinyl sheets of the same shade, thickness and type as the Jawa's cape? At those prices, it would certainly pay for itself extremely quickly.

I repeat, I'm not saying these aren't genuine... but I am saying if I wanted a real vinyl Jawa, I think I would look elsewhere.... :?

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:17 am

Snaketibe wrote:So, not content with selling 11 :shock: vinyl Jawas (2 admittedly AFA) on 27/08/17, and averaging a whopping £1,087.54 on each one, today vintageplanetarium has ANOTHER 16( :shock: :shock: :shock:) for sale... all but one AFA one (yes, another one) using exactly the same auction pictures. You know, if it was me and I had 16 VCJs for sale and I knew I'd likely get over a grand for each one, I actually could be bothered to photograph each and every one, but maybe that's just me?

These new ones MIGHT all be genuine, just like the previous 11 MIGHT have been... if he has been stockpiling them over the years, however I have long wondered how hard it would be to find or have made some more vinyl sheets of the same shade, thickness and type as the Jawa's cape? At those prices, it would certainly pay for itself extremely quickly.

I repeat, I'm not saying these aren't genuine... but I am saying if I wanted a real vinyl Jawa, I think I would look elsewhere.... :?

Crazy that he again have some for sale if they are real :? I am sure he also had some for sale some months ago, so this must be the 3rd time he sell vinyl cape jawas :shock:

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Snaketibe wrote:So, not content with selling 11 :shock: vinyl Jawas (2 admittedly AFA) on 27/08/17, and averaging a whopping £1,087.54 on each one, today vintageplanetarium has ANOTHER 16( :shock: :shock: :shock:) for sale... all but one AFA one (yes, another one) using exactly the same auction pictures.

Have you noticed that he has not had feedback for a single one yet despite them all completing on the 27th August - that's nearly 2 weeks ago. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole...
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:41 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:So, not content with selling 11 :shock: vinyl Jawas (2 admittedly AFA) on 27/08/17, and averaging a whopping £1,087.54 on each one, today vintageplanetarium has ANOTHER 16( :shock: :shock: :shock:) for sale... all but one AFA one (yes, another one) using exactly the same auction pictures.

Have you noticed that he has not had feedback for a single one yet despite them all completing on the 27th August - that's nearly 2 weeks ago. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole...

Seller was away until the 6th Sept so that could be why there is no feedback yet :?

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:10 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:

Seller was away until the 6th Sept so that could be why there is no feedback yet :?

So seller was away until a couple of days ago so I'm guessing has only just sent the original 11 off and now has another 16 up for grabs but with all the same picture?! I can only hope that the new ones listed are using placeholder pictures as how would you possibly know the exact condition of the one you're bidding on?

I would be asking for pictures from the seller to be added to their sales but at least they're up for 9 day auctions so everyone should have been sent the ones that were sold recently. It'll be interesting to see what the feedback is but the way this whole sale has been handled to date must be damaging to these latest ones that have been listed, I would feel very nervous about it until I read some feedback and saw actual pictures of the figures.

If anyone on here is going to write to this seller then please let us know what the reply is.

Ian

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Palifan wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:Have you noticed that he has not had feedback for a single one yet despite them all completing on the 27th August - that's nearly 2 weeks ago. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole...

So seller was away until a couple of days ago so I'm guessing has only just sent the original 11 off and now has another 16 up for grabs but with all the same picture?! I can only hope that the new ones listed are using placeholder pictures as how would you possibly know the exact condition of the one you're bidding on?

I would be asking for pictures from the seller to be added to their sales but at least they're up for 9 day auctions so everyone should have been sent the ones that were sold recently. It'll be interesting to see what the feedback is but the way this whole sale has been handled to date must be damaging to these latest ones that have been listed, I would feel very nervous about it until I read some feedback and saw actual pictures of the figures.

If anyone on here is going to write to this seller then please let us know what the reply is.

Ian

Hi Ian, yes TheJabbaWookie wrote on page 2 that he was away :wink: Looks like some of the jawas are relisten again, I got a message from ebay about that. Maybe he have collected vinyl cape jawas for many years and maybe he is rich, I do not know and I am not a jawa vinyl cape expert so I can't confirm if they are real or fake :? I agree it will be interesting to see his feedback and then we must also hope the buyers are not some rich guys that do not know anything about vinyl cape jawas :wink:

The last auctions he had then I noticed the jawas on the auctions looked different. But the pictures on this auctions is the same, the same small damages on the figure on all the auctions. So if he have all this figures. Then most buyers will not get the correct figure and that is not great :evil:

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Palifan wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

Ian

Hi Ian, yes TheJabbaWookie wrote on page 2 that he was away :wink: Looks like some of the jawas are relisten again, I got a message from ebay about that. Maybe he have collected vinyl cape jawas for many years and maybe he is rich, I do not know and I am not a jawa vinyl cape expert so I can't confirm if they are real or fake :? I agree it will be interesting to see his feedback and then we must also hope the buyers are not some rich guys that do not know anything about vinyl cape jawas :wink:

The last auctions he had then I noticed the jawas on the auctions looked different. But the pictures on this auctions is the same, the same small damages on the figure on all the auctions. So if he have all this figures. Then most buyers will not get the correct figure and that is not great :evil:

Thanks for the info and I feel, especially something of this potential value, that pictures really are needed. There's no way I'd bid on one of these without knowing what I should be receiving.

We'll have to keep a close eye on this lot.

Ian

Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Snaketibe » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:56 am

Palifan wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Palifan wrote:

Ian

Thanks for the info and I feel, especially something of this potential value, that pictures really are needed. There's no way I'd bid on one of these without knowing what I should be receiving.

Ian

Exactly! A thousand pounds a pop, yet they can't be arsed to provide unique photos? That redefines laziness, if these are genuine :roll:

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:08 am

Pomse2001 wrote:Hi Ian, yes TheJabbaWookie wrote on page 2 that he was away :wink:

Yes, I did write that. I'd forgotten all about it. He didn't list that he was away on eBay but replied to an email I sent regarding the items on 25 August. I was not happy about bidding so high without further imagery and was slightly sceptical that he was conveniently away - I mean would you list so many valuable items and go on holiday when there was bound to be a lot of questions and photos. I know I wouldn't do it.
-------------------
Hi do you have close up pics of the cross hatch pattern as well as a pic of the cape on its own (without Jawa) please for your near mint + and minty versions for sale.
Cheers Jay
-------------------
Hiya, they're all 110% originals with cross-hatch pattern making a zipping sound, took me a long time to find them all .. currently abroad so will not be able to take photos at the moment until my return on 6th Sept.

Regards
-------------------
I might follow up this time and if I do I'll post response here.
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:40 am

Palifan wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Palifan wrote:

Ian

Ian

Hi Ian, I agree we have to keep a close eye on this, I think it is very bad that he use this time the same pictures :wink:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:43 am

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:Hi Ian, yes TheJabbaWookie wrote on page 2 that he was away :wink:

Yes, I did write that. I'd forgotten all about it. He didn't list that he was away on eBay but replied to an email I sent regarding the items on 25 August. I was not happy about bidding so high without further imagery and was slightly sceptical that he was conveniently away - I mean would you list so many valuable items and go on holiday when there was bound to be a lot of questions and photos. I know I wouldn't do it.
-------------------
Hi do you have close up pics of the cross hatch pattern as well as a pic of the cape on its own (without Jawa) please for your near mint + and minty versions for sale.
Cheers Jay
-------------------
Hiya, they're all 110% originals with cross-hatch pattern making a zipping sound, took me a long time to find them all .. currently abroad so will not be able to take photos at the moment until my return on 6th Sept.

Regards
-------------------
I might follow up this time and if I do I'll post response here.

No I would not list all this and then go away so I could not help with more pictures or better info. But I would have uploaded better info and better pictures from the beginning if I was the seller.

aussiejames
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby aussiejames » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:47 am

"
New message from: vintageplanetarium (697Purple Star)
I actually have 4 loose vinyl capes to sell (two with tears in armholes), the duplicate listings are to avoid chances of timewasters and would not sell any for less than £1500. If I do I'm going to keep on cancelling transactions and you'll see them listed again until they're all sold,"

"Interesting, although can I give you a word of advice? As it clearly mentions in the article it is one of your personality traits to be blunt and rude to people, as you have been with me in the past. It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, but when your personal information, along with a photo of your child, is so readily available on the internet, I'd be careful with who you upset - this photo could end up in a pedo section on the dark web."

Quality fucking individual he is....

Return to “Ebay Listings”