Header image

vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Joss
New User
New User
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 10:35 pm

vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby Joss » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi,
Could I get some advice, I'm looking to get that final figure. But typically have my concerns I could be buying repro.
Strangely
8 of these have just showed up on ebay, from the same seller.
I'm tempted but what I am looking for, or is this a bad route.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-Vinta ... nav=SEARCH

User avatar
sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1024
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: UK

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby sparkysx » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:46 pm

Personally I wouldn't buy anything from him, he doesn't have a great rep on here and is over selling everything. He's also selling a Boba Fett that he stripped the paint off and trying to pass it off as a factory error, avoid.

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby Palifan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:07 am

Joss wrote:Hi,
Could I get some advice, I'm looking to get that final figure. But typically have my concerns I could be buying repro.
Strangely
8 of these have just showed up on ebay, from the same seller.
I'm tempted but what I am looking for, or is this a bad route.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-Vinta ... nav=SEARCH



8 of them?!

Wow, either the seller has been stockpiling them or managed to figure out a spot on way of reproducing them. Something did seem off about the first one you put the link up for but looking at all the others they may well be the real deal. At least one of them has the right cross hatch texture that can be clearly seen but it's a shame there is some closer pictures of the others.

With the damage to most of them and the graded ones it does look like they are probably the real deal but you have to wonder with so many coming up for sale at the same time from the same seller. I can only think the seller needs some money quickly or maybe is selling up as it would probably be better to trickle them out than put them all up at once.

Really don't know quite what to say about them, I'm not aware of the seller but to my eye they do look ok so I think you'll have to make the best decision you can based on the advise you receive here.

Best of luck either way.

Ian

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 831
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby subzero » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:30 am

Nah I personally wouldn't trust it if it was me, you would think this seller would at least mention about the cross hatch pattern in the vinyl, but in this case he's not even showing a close-up pic of the pattern in a single one of those listings, that would be a huge selling point that you'd think he would do.

But on the other hand would he risk listing so many if they were all fake?, that would be some serious fraud and massive buyer comebacks there if they were all fake, so maybe there's a chance they're genuine.

I dunno though it still seems fishy to me! :?: *alarm bells*
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 793
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby Mini99 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:52 pm

What's the old saying...
If something looks to good to true it probably is!
:wink:

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby Palifan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:21 pm

If you look at the second picture with the zoom tool you can sort of see the cross-hatch texture. I haven't got mine to hand to compare but this one certainly has enough bids to make me think others think it's good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-Vin ... SwstJZUaJk

Ian

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 831
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby subzero » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Oh yeah I can see it on that one now, funnily enough isn't that the only one out of all his other VCJ auctions that has high bids on it?
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

User avatar
pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1217
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:26 pm
Location: Wembley

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby pizzathehutt » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:37 pm

What about the one in this lot???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332345961386
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

User avatar
poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4613
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby poncho » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:35 pm

pizzathehutt wrote:What about the one in this lot???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332345961386

kenobi cut cape wrong colour

User avatar
pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1217
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:26 pm
Location: Wembley

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby pizzathehutt » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:45 pm

poncho wrote:
pizzathehutt wrote:What about the one in this lot???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332345961386

kenobi cut cape wrong colour


What do you think of those ones mentioned earlier in the thread poncho?
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 831
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby subzero » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:27 am

There's a chance it could be an Australian Toltoys Jawa which has a darker cape ( something I learned about in this forum a couple of weeks back ).

The bids are so high on the lot already so people are willing to take the risk for the chance the Jawa is genuine. The things that point towards it being possibly genuine for me is 1. the seller clearly doesn't know what the last 17 Luke is otherwise he would have at least mentioned it in the description or listed it separately, so it's highly plausible the Jawa is genuine too mixed into the same lot. And 2. the rest of the capes/accessories on all the figures look genuine, and 3. why would somebody go through the hassle to get a repro vinyl cape to put on a paint worn beater Jawa?

I think there's a strong chance this guy could genuinely have found this in the loft not knowing it's importance. I also messaged this seller the other day and he said they were from the loft in his grandparents house so they must have been his dad's from when he was younger, which means it's highly likely they went up in the loft well before they even started making repro vinyl capes.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

User avatar
pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1217
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:26 pm
Location: Wembley

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby pizzathehutt » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:33 am

I've noticed he's used the same pictures for some of them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/vintageplane ... _Auction=1

some of these have the zippy look to the capes

I'm very tempted in taking a gamble, if it turns out to be fake he accepts returns and I get a refund, no harm done I guess?
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8195
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:39 am

subzero wrote:There's a chance it could be an Australian Toltoys Jawa which has a darker cape ( something I learned about in this forum a couple of weeks back ).

The bids are so high on the lot already so people are willing to take the risk for the chance the Jawa is genuine. The things that point towards it being possibly genuine for me is 1. the seller clearly doesn't know what the last 17 Luke is otherwise he would have at least mentioned it in the description or listed it separately, so it's highly plausible the Jawa is genuine too mixed into the same lot. And 2. the rest of the capes/accessories on all the figures look genuine, and 3. why would somebody go through the hassle to get a repro vinyl cape to put on a paint worn beater Jawa?

I think there's a strong chance this guy could genuinely have found this in the loft not knowing it's importance. I also messaged this seller the other day and he said they were from the loft in his grandparents house so they must have been his dad's from when he was younger, which means it's highly likely they went up in the loft well before they even started making repro vinyl capes.


I am not sure that this is something from his loft, if you look in his feedback of what he have sold in the past. Then you can see he have sold a lot of star wars toy. I think the figure is there to push up the price and that the cape is a cut kenobi cape.

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 831
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby subzero » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:20 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote:There's a chance it could be an Australian Toltoys Jawa which has a darker cape ( something I learned about in this forum a couple of weeks back ).

The bids are so high on the lot already so people are willing to take the risk for the chance the Jawa is genuine. The things that point towards it being possibly genuine for me is 1. the seller clearly doesn't know what the last 17 Luke is otherwise he would have at least mentioned it in the description or listed it separately, so it's highly plausible the Jawa is genuine too mixed into the same lot. And 2. the rest of the capes/accessories on all the figures look genuine, and 3. why would somebody go through the hassle to get a repro vinyl cape to put on a paint worn beater Jawa?

I think there's a strong chance this guy could genuinely have found this in the loft not knowing it's importance. I also messaged this seller the other day and he said they were from the loft in his grandparents house so they must have been his dad's from when he was younger, which means it's highly likely they went up in the loft well before they even started making repro vinyl capes.


I am not sure that this is something from his loft, if you look in his feedback of what he have sold in the past. Then you can see he have sold a lot of star wars toy. I think the figure is there to push up the price and that the cape is a cut kenobi cape.


Hmm that is obviously very possible, I didn't think to look at his feedback for previous items.

Will be interesting to see what the lot goes for and if/when it get's returned by the buyer and relisted again lol.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8195
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:56 am

subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote:There's a chance it could be an Australian Toltoys Jawa which has a darker cape ( something I learned about in this forum a couple of weeks back ).

The bids are so high on the lot already so people are willing to take the risk for the chance the Jawa is genuine. The things that point towards it being possibly genuine for me is 1. the seller clearly doesn't know what the last 17 Luke is otherwise he would have at least mentioned it in the description or listed it separately, so it's highly plausible the Jawa is genuine too mixed into the same lot. And 2. the rest of the capes/accessories on all the figures look genuine, and 3. why would somebody go through the hassle to get a repro vinyl cape to put on a paint worn beater Jawa?

I think there's a strong chance this guy could genuinely have found this in the loft not knowing it's importance. I also messaged this seller the other day and he said they were from the loft in his grandparents house so they must have been his dad's from when he was younger, which means it's highly likely they went up in the loft well before they even started making repro vinyl capes.


I am not sure that this is something from his loft, if you look in his feedback of what he have sold in the past. Then you can see he have sold a lot of star wars toy. I think the figure is there to push up the price and that the cape is a cut kenobi cape.


Hmm that is obviously very possible, I didn't think to look at his feedback for previous items.

Will be interesting to see what the lot goes for and if/when it get's returned by the buyer and relisted again lol.


Yes it will be interesting, but I don't think seller will take it back if buyer learn that the cape is a cut kenobi. Seller do not write about the jawa in the add he only write everything is vintage and a cut kenobi cape is vintage :D


Return to “Ebay Listings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest