Header image

vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:08 am

He know what he is selling look at what he have sold in the future

VINTAGE STAR WARS TAUN OPEN BELLY HAN SOLO & GUN HOTH FIGURE WITH RARE COO ERROR

A guy who do not know about star wars and have just found it on the loft do not know about coo or coo error.

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:21 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
I am not sure that this is something from his loft, if you look in his feedback of what he have sold in the past. Then you can see he have sold a lot of star wars toy. I think the figure is there to push up the price and that the cape is a cut kenobi cape.

Hmm that is obviously very possible, I didn't think to look at his feedback for previous items.

Will be interesting to see what the lot goes for and if/when it get's returned by the buyer and relisted again lol.

Yes it will be interesting, but I don't think seller will take it back if buyer learn that the cape is a cut kenobi. Seller do not write about the jawa in the add he only write everything is vintage and a cut kenobi cape is vintage :D

I always check the feedback of the sellers other sales myself sometimes if I feel something isn't right. I feel the pictured Jawas for sale using using all the same pictures don't have the original vinyl capes. I agree with Lars it's the way its listed. He actually doesn't claim they are original capes with the cross sections but that they are vintage. From the previous sales and what is listed the seller clearly understands vintage toys and their values. So for gaining maximum attention they would have stated more information about the cape clearly and close up pictures known that these can reach over £1000 each. It's only my gut feeling I could be wrong but if anyone was going to bid I would pm the seller for more information and pictures of the cape first.
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:23 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
I am not sure that this is something from his loft, if you look in his feedback of what he have sold in the past. Then you can see he have sold a lot of star wars toy. I think the figure is there to push up the price and that the cape is a cut kenobi cape.

Hmm that is obviously very possible, I didn't think to look at his feedback for previous items.

Will be interesting to see what the lot goes for and if/when it get's returned by the buyer and relisted again lol.

Yes it will be interesting, but I don't think seller will take it back if buyer learn that the cape is a cut kenobi. Seller do not write about the jawa in the add he only write everything is vintage and a cut kenobi cape is vintage :D

That's a good point, especially being that it's a private seller.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:27 am

yoda wrote:I would pm the seller for more information and pictures of the cape first.

If it does happen to be genuine then you'd run the risk of him ending the auction to relist the Jawa for £1000 after you bring it to his attention :lol:

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:39 am

subzero wrote:
yoda wrote:I would pm the seller for more information and pictures of the cape first.

If it does happen to be genuine then you'd run the risk of him ending the auction to relist the Jawa for £1000 after you bring it to his attention :lol:

That is true :lol: but I somehow suspect this seller is well aware of the vinyl cape Jawas and what to look for to gauge it's true value : especially when he's listed so many :lol:
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:44 am

yoda wrote:
subzero wrote:

That is true :lol: but I somehow suspect this seller is well aware of the vinyl cape Jawas and what to look for to gauge it's true value : especially when he's listed so many :lol:

Ahh, I was referring to this seller :lol: :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332345961386

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:53 am

subzero wrote:
yoda wrote:
subzero wrote:

Ahh, I was referring to this seller :lol: :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332345961386

Oops :) I was referring to the seller with a few listed. Now that's a different situation you have, it might be worth a punt it's hard to know. Good luck are you going to chance it??

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:56 am

yoda wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote:

I always check the feedback of the sellers other sales myself sometimes if I feel something isn't right. I feel the pictured Jawas for sale using using all the same pictures don't have the original vinyl capes. I agree with Lars it's the way its listed. He actually doesn't claim they are original capes with the cross sections but that they are vintage. From the previous sales and what is listed the seller clearly understands vintage toys and their values. So for gaining maximum attention they would have stated more information about the cape clearly and close up pictures known that these can reach over £1000 each. It's only my gut feeling I could be wrong but if anyone was going to bid I would pm the seller for more information and pictures of the cape first.

Thanks mate, but I was talking about another seller in the thread this add http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332345961386

Not the same seller as the one with all the vinyl cape jaawas :wink:

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:58 am

Did anyone get it?? I didn't bid myself I just watched it. Hopefully it turns out original for someone :)

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:30 pm

I watched it end too, bloody decent price for the seller if it's not a genuine VCJ, I was originally going to bid about £300 and could have got almost all my money back if I sold them off, but when it went well over that I considered it too much of a risk, I didn't want to lose a couple of hundred quid on a fake VCJ.

I'd love to know if anyone on this forum won it, and how the Jawa turned out!

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:25 pm

yeah that looked too dark
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:38 pm

these have jumped in price

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:52 pm

I asked about close ups of these items and this is the reply I got.

Hiya, they're all 110% originals with cross-hatch pattern making a zipping sound, took me a long time to find them all .. currently abroad so will not be able to take photos at the moment until my return on 6th Sept.

So he's not able to post new imagery and he doesn't mention that he can't post them out until then, if it's true.
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

Joss
New User
New User

Postby Joss » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:33 pm

:) Sounds a bit risky, its the figure, I have avoided really. The same seller has 2 afa graded ones.
Or is this also a risky item, I've never bothered with afa, as in my heart I like to still see them as toys, and afa makes' dioramas a boxy situation :P

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:34 am

anyone on the forum put a bid in?

Return to “Ebay Listings”