Header image

Genuine Vintage Blaster's ?

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Genuine Vintage Blaster's ?

Postby subzero » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:14 pm

lejackal wrote:
subzero wrote:So it basically comes down to weighing up all the evidence from all the documented real and repro blasters then deciding how 'likely' a weapon is to be original.

So although a new find 'could' be genuine the chances are so low it's considered fake.

How else would you propose that they approach it?

Well I pretty much know this would be the obvious approach anyway :lol:

I think i'm just leaning more towards a new find being possibly genuine if there's no other fakes to compare it to, and shouldn't be classed as guaranteed fake if it's an extremely close match.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:11 pm

subzero wrote:I think i'm just leaning more towards a new find being possibly genuine if there's no other fakes to compare it to, and shouldn't be classed as guaranteed fake if it's an extremely close match.

The question you've got to ask yourself is, given that we know there are no known documented instances of this variant of blaster occurring loose, in baggies or on Mocs (all 4 other variants have been proven), would you be prepared to buy one as an original, happy to receive one from somebody claiming it an original, or comfortable selling it on to someone else as an original?
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:57 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
subzero wrote:I think i'm just leaning more towards a new find being possibly genuine if there's no other fakes to compare it to, and shouldn't be classed as guaranteed fake if it's an extremely close match.

The question you've got to ask yourself is, given that we know there are no known documented instances of this variant of blaster occurring loose, in baggies or on Mocs (all 4 other variants have been proven), would you be prepared to buy one as an original, happy to receive one from somebody claiming it an original, or comfortable selling it on to someone else as an original?

Hmm that would be a strong no :lol: , i'd choose the guaranteed and proven blaster every time for peace of mind anyway.

I always still have an open mind though it's just the way I am really.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:16 pm

subzero wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:

Hmm that would be a strong no :lol: , i'd choose the guaranteed and proven blaster every time for peace of mind anyway.

I always still have an open mind though it's just the way I am really.

And so you should, but where Repro is concerned guilty until proven innocent.
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

aussiejames
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby aussiejames » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:51 am

subzero wrote:
Ahh I understand, I thought TIG had info on every known weapon.

But the only thing with that logic then means the new lot of Leia blasters shouldn't have been deemed fake because it wasn't matched with any other known fake lol, iv'e read several people believing they could have easily been real but everybody is just basically following TIG's opinion, which could possibly be wrong.

Man this is confusing :?

I will try to explain myself better: if TIG pictured every possible colour 'variation' this would include poorly mixed colour batches etc. and then people's interpretations of blue/green vs green/blue gets all very confusing. Just look at these 32 rebel blasters. http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1002553
I split them into even more groups- and get to about 50!! I am not sure anyone wants to see that :lol:
As far as I know all known original 'moulds/shapes' are listed ( some updates are needed- 3rd ERG pike, Luke Bespin saber update etc.)

The 'original' fake Leia pistols were also examined by Steve at UKG & admins/members of various facebook groups so it was not just 'TIG's opinion'. The 'second release' of Leia pistols, Jawa & Imperial blasters are not being questioned at all as being legit ( as far as I know) and they ALL exhibit similar traits- texture, mould seam, injection point...

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:44 am

aussiejames wrote:
subzero wrote:
Ahh I understand, I thought TIG had info on every known weapon.

But the only thing with that logic then means the new lot of Leia blasters shouldn't have been deemed fake because it wasn't matched with any other known fake lol, iv'e read several people believing they could have easily been real but everybody is just basically following TIG's opinion, which could possibly be wrong.

Man this is confusing :?

I will try to explain myself better: if TIG pictured every possible colour 'variation' this would include poorly mixed colour batches etc. and then people's interpretations of blue/green vs green/blue gets all very confusing. Just look at these 32 rebel blasters. http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1002553
I split them into even more groups- and get to about 50!! I am not sure anyone wants to see that :lol:
As far as I know all known original 'moulds/shapes' are listed ( some updates are needed- 3rd ERG pike, Luke Bespin saber update etc.)

The 'original' fake Leia pistols were also examined by Steve at UKG & admins/members of various facebook groups so it was not just 'TIG's opinion'. The 'second release' of Leia pistols, Jawa & Imperial blasters are not being questioned at all as being legit ( as far as I know) and they ALL exhibit similar traits- texture, mould seam, injection point...

OMG that's mental, I had no idea there'd be that many possible variations of just one weapon.

Thanks for the info on that it's very eye opening, I see now just how much there is with known weapons to compare a repro to. You learn something new every day 8)

Return to “Ebay Listings”