Header image

Reseal or not a reseal?

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Reseal or not a reseal?

Postby theforceuk » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:23 pm

What do you guys think on this Paploo, looks ok to me, but the seller thinks it’s a reseal. I’m really think it’s fine. :? :?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vi ... Sw09xZ6ghj
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

aussiejames
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Reseal or not a reseal?

Postby aussiejames » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Mexican seals do not have the waffle, the 'dimples' around the bubble seal are present, looks good to me.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Yeah thanks for confirming, not sure if I should tell the seller or buy it. :lol:

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:48 am

theforceuk wrote:Yeah thanks for confirming, not sure if I should tell the seller or buy it. :lol:

Buy it, it is a great card!

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:35 am

The price seems about right anyway so there's no bargain to be had, a shame it's not listed for £40 if he believes it's a reseal. :wink:
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:41 am

Buy it or tell him , as there is always the risk the unscrupulous may buy it and send the figure to be graded thinking " it's ok its a reseal" :roll:
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:40 am

subzero wrote:The price seems about right anyway so there's no bargain to be had, a shame it's not listed for £40 if he believes it's a reseal. :wink:

Yeah that’s why I’ve not already brought it! It’s about spot on price wise, makes me think he’s really not sure himself and is covering his back. Going to message him now. Thanks everyone for input.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:46 am

What’s the point, I’ve replied to this message and made your point Michael about someone opening it. Can’t do a lot more. Seem’s like a nice chap so what do I know. :lol:

Hi Adam

I've had one of the top evaluators for star wars look at it and give his opinion , as I was unsure .

He declared it looks like a reseal so my option should to be list it as a reseal ....... if it wasn't it would probably command £120 or £90 at an auction

IF I list it as a moc fully sealed it could lead to problems with the eventual buyer ?

I'm always open and honest with all my items especially vintage ...... even contenplated asking for opinions on echo Base on Facebook for true clarity on it .

Thank you for your message though I do appreciate your time and effort researching the info for me .

Kind regards

Paddy the Jedi
New User
New User

Postby Paddy the Jedi » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Hello it's Gary Cunningham here (aka Paddy the Jedi). I bought the Paploo and it is fantastic! Seller was very professional and prompt with posting the figure-it was also packaged as I would send an item! When I saw the item it wasn't listed as a possible reseal and I certainly can't see any sign that it has been. I unfortunately can't find several of my Vintage carded figures so that's why I bought the Paploo!! I have been collecting since 1997 and have accumulated so much stuff( however I can't display my collection at the moment- although hopefully some stage next year!!!!).Addicted to Trilogos at the minute- can only blame Joe and his excellent site for that!(Sorry Joe!).

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Glad you got it Paddy, it’s a really nice figure. I was going to buy it until I had an unexpected maintenance bill! The seller was really nice to me as well and thanked me for helping.

:)

Return to “Ebay Listings”