Header image

Rocket firing Fett???

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Rocket firing Fett???

Postby subzero » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Is this the real deal?, the bids seem to show it is...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/star-wars-ro ... Sw1NFaA1or
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

apack7229
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Rocket firing Fett???

Postby apack7229 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:21 pm

It looks like one of those customs that people make using the Poon fett launcher.
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

Tarkin's nosehair
Regular
Regular

Postby Tarkin's nosehair » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Look at his other items for sale. I think that will tell you all you need to know. :evil:

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Wow, didn't think to look at his other items, it's a very good clean custom job someone has done on it too if it's a custom.

But why on earth is there so many bids on it?

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:25 pm

The paint job looks amazingly accurate but I've no idea if people have been able to get a dead match for the colours for years. Maybe it's an original Fett with a custom rocket firing mechanism?

It does look very good but I'm sure anyone who has any knowledge about these rocket firing prototypes would be able to tell straight away. It is going for a lot of money but if this was the real thing the experts out there would have bumped this price right up by now .

Let's see what it ends up going for in a couple of hours.

Ian

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Palifan wrote:The paint job looks amazingly accurate but I've no idea if people have been able to get a dead match for the colours for years. Maybe it's an original Fett with a custom rocket firing mechanism?

It does look very good but I'm sure anyone who has any knowledge about these rocket firing prototypes would be able to tell straight away. It is going for a lot of money but if this was the real thing the experts out there would have bumped this price right up by now .

Let's see what it ends up going for in a couple of hours.

Ian

Surly if this was a genuine rocket firing Fett, this would not be on eBay!

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:46 pm

Holy crap balls!!... £2,155 :o :shock:

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:14 pm

he relisted it so one would assume that the buyer has realised that it is probably a fake and told him to fuck off, either that or he has 2 exactly the same
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:47 am

Lindo wrote:he relisted it so one would assume that the buyer has realised that it is probably a fake and told him to fuck off, either that or he has 2 exactly the same

What a weird one, says in the description he relisted it due to a time waster, with that much of a high bid involved you'd think he'd just send second chance offers to the next bidders instead of wasting another 10 days.... :?

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Thinking about it I have a rocket Fett that looks the same as this one. I bought it years ago, a short while before hasbro released their version of this figure. It was on a sealed card back and had a die cut section on the back of the card that could be popped out so you could see the rocket firing mechanism. It may well have been a Poon job, I can't remember but I know it was before he started putting out those all blue rubbery rocket Fett's that came in a box.

I'm thinking this could be one of those sealed Fett's I have that's been opened as it was really well made and I don't think any loose ones were made like this. Just a thought but it seems so unlikely that this listed one would be for real. As a side note I have seen rocket Fett's up on eBay but they're always graded and come with a huge BIN, maybe one did get sold by mistake back in the early days of eBay but I doubt if something like that could happen now a days with the amount of people trawling through eBay every day.

Ian

Tarkin's nosehair
Regular
Regular

Postby Tarkin's nosehair » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:08 am

I dont think it would be too hard to take the torso of one figure and parts of another to create this if you get my drift :wink:

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Tarkin's nosehair wrote:I dont think it would be too hard to take the torso of one figure and parts of another to create this if you get my drift :wink:

True enough.

Ian

StarWarsFan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby StarWarsFan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 pm

:shock: :o
subzero wrote:Is this the real deal?, the bids seem to show it is...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/star-wars-ro ... Sw1NFaA1or

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:45 am

Who will pay so much for a fake figure ? :shock:

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Palifan wrote:Thinking about it I have a rocket Fett that looks the same as this one. I bought it years ago, a short while before hasbro released their version of this figure. It was on a sealed card back and had a die cut section on the back of the card that could be popped out so you could see the rocket firing mechanism. It may well have been a Poon job, I can't remember but I know it was before he started putting out those all blue rubbery rocket Fett's that came in a box.

I'm thinking this could be one of those sealed Fett's I have that's been opened as it was really well made and I don't think any loose ones were made like this. Just a thought but it seems so unlikely that this listed one would be for real. As a side note I have seen rocket Fett's up on eBay but they're always graded and come with a huge BIN, maybe one did get sold by mistake back in the early days of eBay but I doubt if something like that could happen now a days with the amount of people trawling through eBay every day.

Ian

Ian is right on this one, me too remembering the carded Fett with the die cut section. Nice one, sadly I didn't buy that one at that time... :cry:
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

Return to “Ebay Listings”