Header image

PBP Rebel Soldier

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: PBP Rebel Soldier

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:05 am

Mr-shifter wrote:

Nice condition.

Should go about £400-£450.

Why that price ? I could understand it if he had his blue metallic blaster. But this is a normal blue blaster :?

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:04 am

I guess because it is a pretty rare PBP figure and in minty condition.

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Mr-shifter wrote:

Nice condition.

Why that price ? I could understand it if he had his blue metallic blaster. But this is a normal blue blaster :?

Market forces buddy. The days of picking these up for less than £200 are over.

The blasters are a slightly different story though. They went mental but they don’t seem to attract the amount they used to.
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Can’t wait to see what it sells for, some cracking loose that guy is selling. Would love a dark brown RS myself, but not at that price. :)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Mr-shifter wrote:
Nice condition.

Market forces buddy. The days of picking these up for less than £200 are over.

The blasters are a slightly different story though. They went mental but they don’t seem to attract the amount they used to.

Damn the market goes fast at the moment :shock:

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:48 pm

Did anyone win anything of his tonight?
A lot of stunning figures, and some eye watering prices to go with them. :shock:
I can honestly say that I was out of the running by last Monday on all that I put bids on...

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:52 pm

No priced out of everything. Only just missed out on the Luke Bespin blonde but he wasn’t that minty, and the PBP Snowtrooper and Han Hoth.

But some things were astronomical like the PBP Luke X-Wing which I’m sure doesn’t normally make even £100. :shock:

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:21 am

643 for a pop up R2 and 382 for a hollow tubes sand person, what on earth has the world of vintage Star Wars come to?!

It's all gone crazy I tell you :shock: !!!

Ian

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:03 am

I only had my eye on the AT-AT driver but for the price it went for I passed on it, I can prob get it near mint like that from another seller for less than half what it went for.

And that R5D4 going for £100 with postage, wow! :o

Astronomical prices for the most part, this guy could prob make a living buying NM figures at the going rate from other sellers and then flip them in his auctions for a good profit.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:43 pm

Usual story of this guy's stuff going for well, well over market price. I'm sure he'll be listing more of the same in the next month or two.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:54 pm

I suspect that the large majority of what sold yesterday will be off to the “grading factory”!

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:15 pm

Mini99 wrote:I suspect that the large majority of what sold yesterday will be off to the “grading factory”!

Ahh yeah that's a good point, graded collectors are more likely to pay a high premium to get hold of that desirable 85 or 90 grade.

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:37 pm

subzero wrote:
Mini99 wrote:I suspect that the large majority of what sold yesterday will be off to the “grading factory”!

Ahh yeah that's a good point, graded collectors are more likely to pay a high premium to get hold of that desirable 85 or 90 grade.

I guess if a seller has been describing stuff as mint, and the grading guys have been buying it to grade, and it does hit high grades, they are going to pay a premium on the sellers items based on trusting his description. One mans “it’s in mint condition mate” is another mans shit, and vice versa.
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:
subzero wrote:

I guess if a seller has been describing stuff as mint, and the grading guys have been buying it to grade, and it does hit high grades, they are going to pay a premium on the sellers items based on trusting his description. One mans “it’s in mint condition mate” is another mans shit, and vice versa.

I have actually seen quite a few ebay listings where sellers state in excellent near mint condition, then I look at it and it's dirty and paint worn lol, :lol: and ones where the seller says it's 'minty' when it just isn't, Or even worse is when it genuinely does look minty but the seller says the limbs are good, only to find out when you receive it it has a loose floppy arm or leg. :evil:

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:19 am

There’s a thread discussing him on Jabba’s Court discussing the possibility of shill bidding as a large percentage of the bids were placed and or won by the same bidder... worth a read.

Return to “Ebay Listings”