Header image

Hungarian bootleg Yoda

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Hungarian bootleg Yoda

Postby subzero » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:55 am

Who would have thought back in the day when these crappy fakes were available to buy, that they would be worth this much one day?? :o

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-VI ... SweZJaFxx~
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Hungarian bootleg Yoda

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:33 pm

I don't think I rate bootlegs for a number of reasons but mainly because they don't mean anything to me from a nostalgia perspective. And I don't think I will ever comprehend the prices they achieve.

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:05 pm

That's what i'm thinking is surely collectors have a nostalgic attachment to them, and if they don't then i'm just baffled about what makes them want them for such ludicrous prices. :?

And how would collectors even know what's a fake bootleg or not? :lol: surely they'd be easier to fake?, I'd assume they are less 'catalogued' and documented as the originals.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:16 am

I have never understood bootlegs and why some collect them :? unless they are from and east european country and had them as a kid in the 80s :?
I would never collect bootlegs, but that is just me. I am sure bootlegs collectors think the same about me when they know I collect vintage star wars boxes, moc and cardbacks with old danish price stickers :lol:

Return to “Ebay Listings”