Header image

Palitoy Vinyl Caped Jawa?!

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Palitoy Vinyl Caped Jawa?!

Postby subzero » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Lol, says it all really....

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Untitled4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Stubbs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Stubbs » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Smells like a cat with the runs.

reddogblues
Regular
Regular

Postby reddogblues » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Seems he ended the auction...

Stubbs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Stubbs » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:22 pm

reddogblues wrote:Seems he ended the auction...

subzero probably saved someone from having there pants well and truly pulled down over this nice one.

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Untitled5.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Excellent work subzero! :-)

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Thanks, merry xmas. :lol:

Can't stand these scammers and complete morons.

Darthgulliver
Regular
Regular

Postby Darthgulliver » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:08 pm

I asked the guy for a viewing before bidding as some of the items are so rare. Never offered and additional pictures or a viewing just told me to do one basically.

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Darthgulliver wrote:I asked the guy for a viewing before bidding as some of the items are so rare. Never offered and additional pictures or a viewing just told me to do one basically.

The guy is a complete moron!, doesn't even have the items for sale, very strange!

I also don't buy into him saying he's selling them on behalf of clients on facebook, people can sell these things themselves if that's the case or at least let a proper auction house sell them for them with such high value items. And also what's already been mentioned here that those carded VCJ images are taken from a previous Vectis auction page, so it's not even the actual item apparently being sold.

The whole thing stinks!

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Great work, is it just me or is there more and more sales on ebay that get cancelled ? :? to me it looks like some rich people is making some big offers and then the items are gone from the auction :? I have seen a lot of vintage star wars lots gone from ebay with no bidding lately.

Now this one is also gone https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Star-W ... 7675.l2557 :? what the fuck is going on :?

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:Great work, is it just me or is there more and more sales on ebay that get cancelled ? :? to me it looks like some rich people is making some big offers and then the items are gone from the auction :? I have seen a lot of vintage star wars lots gone from ebay with no bidding lately.

Now this one is also gone https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Star-W ... 7675.l2557 :? what the fuck is going on :?

Iv'e noticed it too, iv'e noticed it much more with nice condition pop up saber R2's, I stick it in my watch list to see what it goes for and after a few hours or a day or so it's ended and never relisted. Buyers are negotiating deals and cutting ahead of the competition to make sure they get hold of it. :?

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:35 pm

subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:Great work, is it just me or is there more and more sales on ebay that get cancelled ? :? to me it looks like some rich people is making some big offers and then the items are gone from the auction :? I have seen a lot of vintage star wars lots gone from ebay with no bidding lately.

Iv'e noticed it too, iv'e noticed it much more with nice condition pop up saber R2's, I stick it in my watch list to see what it goes for and after a few hours or a day or so it's ended and never relisted. Buyers are negotiating deals and cutting ahead of the competition to make sure they get hold of it. :?

I think you are right, I have been looking at many lots just to see what they sell for and then they get cancelled and never reslisted :shock:

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyPreston » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:38 am

eBay changed its user policy recently to say that they will ban anyone who tries to contact sellers or buy items outside the eBay platform. I am now reporting auctions that end early like this, asking eBay to investigate. If an item is offered for auction then it should run its course - the seller always has the option to offer a BIN if they want to consider an early sale.
Looking for Palitoy 12 back Jawa and Leia Hoth on any Palitoy ESB card. Damaged cards or reseals OK.
Also any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:39 am

I have never understood why there is a “contact the seller” link on the sales page.
Surly if you want to ask a question it should be visable for all to see in the questions box, and no a private message?
Would this not reduce the amount of back door deals?

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SublevelStudios » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Mini99 wrote:I have never understood why there is a “contact the seller” link on the sales page.
Surly if you want to ask a question it should be visable for all to see in the questions box, and no a private message?
Would this not reduce the amount of back door deals?

The seller always has the option of making any correspondence public on their auction if they want to or keep it private.

Back door sales are all part of this modern era of buying and selling - you win some, you lose some. Ultimately, it's down to the seller who he sells to and for how much IMO.

Return to “Ebay Listings”