Header image

I am sorry: Jawa with Vicryl Cape and others....

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
one time poster
New User
New User

I am sorry: Jawa with Vicryl Cape and others....

Postby one time poster » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:44 pm

Dear community,

I have read big parts of the thread about "one post wonder"s and do understand your anger. I know these things from a forum, which I used to attend (about a very different topic). So I am trying to take the first sentence "Do not just join this forum with no introduction and try and promote your ebay listings" of that thread seriously. The second sentence "post fakes or cheap modern rubbish", is quite easy to avoid, after I now started to understand a little bit of your world.

My name is L., I am living in northern Germany. When I was a kid, i received 14 Star wars figures as a gift from my parent's friends. The figures were used of their children, but obviously not much. I never played with them, didn't understand Star Wars and liked Lego much more.

Two days ago, I started an auction, expecting maybe 100€. The hours after the start were very, very amusing and exciting, as I started to understand, that one of these little brown figures seemed to be something extraordinary. As the auction had already started it was too late to get a grading. But maybe one of you is interested, nevertheless.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Star-Wars-Vintag ... 2797279202

After reading in this forum, I guess that little brown fellow would be in good hands with one of you, or at least somewhere where it would be more appreaciated than obviously at my place.

I am excusing if did offend some of you with my attempt to sell my things here. But please understand that it is not only for the money, but, as I said, that evening was very, very amusing and your Forum helped me to understand, what was going on (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35297), when the price exceeded my expected 100€ after a few minutes.

Greetings
L.

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: I am sorry: Jawa with Vicryl Cape and others....

Postby Palifan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Greetings L and best of luck with your auction, looks like you've had a lucky find with the vinyl caped Jawa and I'm sure the price will keep rising.

Ian

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:38 am

at least change the title of the auction to include the vinyl cape jawa....

one time poster
New User
New User

Postby one time poster » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:59 pm

thank you very much for the advice. I tried to change the title, but after the start of an auction, this seems not be possible.

L

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:44 pm

I'd end the auction and start again.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Tend to agree, if it’s relisted with a better description, also possibly split up from the rest, I think it will do a lot better.

Return to “Ebay Listings”