Header image

Custom vintage style figures

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Custom vintage style figures

Postby subzero » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:51 pm

This is an interesting one, it's getting some quite good bids, I don't know who this character is supposed to be but I can tell it used to be an Emperor figure. The seller has some other custom ones listed too, the ceremonial Luke looks pretty good..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/star-wars-vi ... SwNchaKB~n
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Custom vintage style figures

Postby Palifan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 pm

subzero wrote:This is an interesting one, it's getting some quite good bids, I don't know who this character is supposed to be but I can tell it used to be an Emperor figure. The seller has some other custom ones listed too, the ceremonial Luke looks pretty good..

It's one of the aliens from the Cantina and I guess it's never been made as a modern figure which is why it's attracting the bids, either that or this is a known custom figure maker.

Ian

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Palifan wrote:
subzero wrote:This is an interesting one, it's getting some quite good bids, I don't know who this character is supposed to be but I can tell it used to be an Emperor figure. The seller has some other custom ones listed too, the ceremonial Luke looks pretty good..

It's one of the aliens from the Cantina and I guess it's never been made as a modern figure which is why it's attracting the bids, either that or this is a known custom figure maker.

Ian

Aahh of course yeah I remember that character now, pictured it straight away.

Maybe you're right then if it has never been produced, and this custom is actually a pretty neat job with the head moulding.

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:32 pm

subzero wrote:
Palifan wrote:

Ian

Aahh of course yeah I remember that character now, pictured it straight away.

Maybe you're right then if it has never been produced, and this custom is actually a pretty neat job with the head moulding.

It could be the reason although it's not for me so best of luck to who wants it the most.

Ian

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:24 pm

I'm not sure enamel paint was the way to go though, bit shiny (for the modern line) and bobbly in places.
Good head sculpt though.. is that from a modern line figure?
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:10 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:I'm not sure enamel paint was the way to go though, bit shiny (for the modern line) and bobbly in places.

It def does look a bit too shiny, there's also a slight fingerprint on the chest. I think maybe treating it like a miniature and using an airbrush to paint it then a couple of layers of satin varnish over it would have done it perfectly.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:39 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:I'm not sure enamel paint was the way to go though, bit shiny (for the modern line) and bobbly in places.

The head of the character Melas is actually the back of the character Ketwol's head. Both were new aliens introduced to the Cantina scene for the first time by George Lucas in the Special Editions (where presumably he saw the opportunity to get two new aliens for the price of one ;-)). When Hasbro subsequently sculpted their modern line Ketwol figure, they did so accurately, meaning that the back of his head is a ready-made custom for Melas.

All 3 pics below have been shamelessly stolen from Google. Credit to the original posters.

Hasbro Ketwol:

Ketwol.jpg
Ketwol.jpg (81.83 KiB) Viewed 37 times

Custom Melas:

IMGP6684.JPG
IMGP6684.JPG (46.98 KiB) Viewed 37 times

And here's the custom Melas from eBay:

s-l225.jpg
s-l225.jpg (5.96 KiB) Viewed 37 times

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:20 pm

very clever stuff 8)
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Wow you learn something new every day! :)

Return to “Ebay Listings”