Page 1 of 1

Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:46 pm
by stormcab
A 41 back Palitoy Yoda with the top corner cut sold in July. Went for £276. I was outbid. The listing is no longer searchable, but is still in my auction sniper page

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Palitoy-41-Yoda-MOC-Empire-Strikes-Back-Last-Jedi-carded-RARE-/292192779666

Now it's popped back up for nearly 4x the price as a BIN.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-ESB-Yoda-Carded-Palitoy-Green-Snake-/253328501751?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

Sorry if you're on here, but this proper winds me up, especially when it's something I wanted. It's like the buyer waited until it was no longer searchable so people wouldn't see the mark up. :?

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:59 pm
by Mr-shifter
Seller is Jonathan hart. He’s friends on here with another member who is a nice guy and does a lot for the community, but I think he (Jon) is a parasite. Thanks for the link. I was looking for where he got it from.

He has history with this behaviour. He lurks on here as he has back doored other people on purchases and valuations.

Steer well clear of buying and selling with this guy. He has zero interest in anything other than your money.

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:21 pm
by subzero
And imagine how much cheaper you might have won the figure for without the flipper bidding on it and outbidding you.

Judging from his feedback it looks like he's also cancelled deals with bidders for not getting enough bids, and then basically blaming the buyers! :?

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:48 pm
by Lindo
I notice his CAS graded stuff is massively over priced for such shit grades

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:46 am
by stormcab
subzero wrote:And imagine how much cheaper you might have won the figure for without the flipper bidding on it and outbidding you.

Judging from his feedback it looks like he's also cancelled deals with bidders for not getting enough bids, and then basically blaming the buyers! :?


Yeah I checked the bid history, and it’s mine, then about 6 of his, so would have been mine. :(

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:54 am
by stormcab
Mr-shifter wrote:Seller is Jonathan hart. He’s friends on here with another member who is a nice guy and does a lot for the community, but I think he (Jon) is a parasite. Thanks for the link. I was looking for where he got it from.

He has history with this behaviour. He lurks on here as he has back doored other people on purchases and valuations.

Steer well clear of buying and selling with this guy. He has zero interest in anything other than your money.


Ah, thanks, so I’m not seeing things. Half angry at myself now, as I should have bid more. Not a hindsite thing, I just think it was based on my finances at the time.

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:55 am
by Palifan
Flipping winds me up as well so I feel your pain. I lost out on a non SW item a while ago that was up for auction at Vectis and then noticed a month later that it was listed on eBay in the States for over 5 times what they'd paid. I'm still slightly annoyed I didn't get it but more annoyed with the fact that it was only bought to flip and not even in the country that they bought it from :evil:

It's the game that will continue I'm sure but at least the seller in the US hasn't had any interest in the item for over a year now, maybe they priced it a bit high :roll:

Ian

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:46 am
by stormcab
Palifan wrote:Flipping winds me up as well so I feel your pain. I lost out on a non SW item a while ago that was up for auction at Vectis and then noticed a month later that it was listed on eBay in the States for over 5 times what they'd paid. I'm still slightly annoyed I didn't get it but more annoyed with the fact that it was only bought to flip and not even in the country that they bought it from :evil:

It's the game that will continue I'm sure but at least the seller in the US hasn't had any interest in the item for over a year now, maybe they priced it a bit high :roll:

Ian


5x!! And still holding out? FFS

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:28 pm
by Palifan
stormcab wrote:
Palifan wrote:Flipping winds me up as well so I feel your pain. I lost out on a non SW item a while ago that was up for auction at Vectis and then noticed a month later that it was listed on eBay in the States for over 5 times what they'd paid. I'm still slightly annoyed I didn't get it but more annoyed with the fact that it was only bought to flip and not even in the country that they bought it from :evil:

It's the game that will continue I'm sure but at least the seller in the US hasn't had any interest in the item for over a year now, maybe they priced it a bit high :roll:

Ian


5x!! And still holding out? FFS



I know, bit of a twat.

Ian

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:17 am
by aussiejames
Jonathan Hart has also sold this fake POPY box TWICE !! https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Sta ... 7675.l2557

He had a POTF Yoda damaged in transport to a buyer, claimed a modern MOC was returned and went on a tirade about it being sold to fund terrorism :lol: :lol: Probably one of the funniest things I've seen on facebook last year.

Ben's reply to Jon a few days ago had me giggling " I’m keen to flush the unnecessary turds from this hobby. Some flush, but some keep floating to the surface." :lol:

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:33 am
by subzero
aussiejames wrote:Jonathan Hart has also sold this fake POPY box TWICE !! https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Sta ... 7675.l2557

He had a POTF Yoda damaged in transport to a buyer, claimed a modern MOC was returned and went on a tirade about it being sold to fund terrorism :lol: :lol: Probably one of the funniest things I've seen on facebook last year.

Ben's reply to Jon a few days ago had me giggling " I’m keen to flush the unnecessary turds from this hobby. Some flush, but some keep floating to the surface." :lol:


That Popy box is fake?, I was half thinking of bidding on that listing. :shock:

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:19 pm
by aussiejames
Note the machine cut 'slits' at the edge of the final fold for the flap that tucks into the box
Image
Image
ALL known originals have this as well as a sticker on the side etc. He was supplied with this information 3 months ago- chose to ignore it

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:57 pm
by subzero
What a complete turd, he obviously knew it was fake but just didn't want to let go of the money he could get for the box, he even says in the listing that the leaflets are repro.

Re: Flipping still winds me up.

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:29 pm
by Crumm
It is such a shame when this happens to a genuine collector, that someone with more cash can swoop in and then make even more cash on the back of it.

I also despise those people who block-buy concert tickets then jack the price up. The real fans often can't afford these hugely inflated prices and thus never get to see their favourite band/ artist etc.

Many people don't seem to care so much about any kind of "fairness" nowadays. Pity really...