Chewbacca enthusiast

choffialoopa

Padawan
Hey guys

I can't deny that Chewie is my all time favorite.
I got my eyes on this as the epitome of Chewie. The End off.

Is it an absurd price or hard to value due to its rarity?
The price seems off the roof... I would think more like 500£, but I got very limited knowledge.

A) I can't even see hints of the waffle pattern even though it is UK graded. Wouldn't you want to show that if selling for 3300£?
B) No backside view that shows the backside properly for original factory pressing
C) It is Palitoy, which scares me a bit due to the fakes.
D) The seller looks badass and not someone you want to mess with (you can see his reflection in the 3rd picture)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Palitoy-Star-Wars-12A-Back-Chewbacca-MOC-Sealed-Original-UK-Vintage-UKG-AFA/142620664435?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
It's certainly worth a lot more than £500, however IMHO the asking price is still far too high given the slight bubble damage. I would have thought about £2,500 - £3,000 would be nearer the mark, but I'm happy to be corrected by others with more knowledge if that's wrong.

As for fakes, there are no Toy Toni Palitoy Star Wars logo cards. All of his are ESB and ROJ carded, and you can find a full list of the affected figures here: http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/.

This Chewbacca card is unquestionably genuine, so have no worries on that front. As for whether the seller is 'badass', or whether the figure is worth the asking price... only you can decide that! :)

choffialoopa

Padawan
Thank you for the list.

I just find it weird since Darth Vader Palitoy 12B "only" sells for around 900£ on Vectis

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
choffialoopa said:
Thank you for the list.

I just find it weird since Darth Vader Palitoy 12B "only" sells for around 900£ on Vectis
If it was in good condition, that's a bargain priced Vader! However, Chewbacca is much harder to find on a Palitoy 12 back than Darth Vader, and hence is far more expensive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom