Header image

'Light green chest' Boba Fett

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

'Light green chest' Boba Fett

Postby subzero » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Is there actually anything rare or special about this paint colour variant?, I was under the assumption it was just like any other regular Fett as there are a few shades of green out there. But the bids seem to say otherwise?...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-VI ... 1438.l2649
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: 'Light green chest' Boba Fett

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:48 pm

The seller is solance4ever who sells a lot of rare variants from the Spanish line in particular and this may account for the higher price. He sometimes package his figures with custom made box designs which can add to the price prepared to be paid.

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:47 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:The seller is solance4ever who sells a lot of rare variants from the Spanish line in particular and this may account for the higher price. He sometimes package his figures with custom made box designs which can add to the price prepared to be paid.

Yeah iv'e seen his listings lately, so basically there's nothing special about this paint variant then?

Some certain sellers just get crazy bids no matter what they sell. :lol:

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Although the Coo is right and the limbs and chest are light coloured, the belt and helmet colour look the wrong colour for POCH, and besides that would be way way higher in price and he’d list it as such.

Don’t really know enough about Fetts myself.

apack7229
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby apack7229 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:48 pm

I've read that even though there are characteristics to look for on a poch fett that unless its on a poch card then it cant be 100%.
My Fett Showcase: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548
My Vintage Showcase: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130
My Cardback Showcase: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:53 pm

apack7229 wrote:I've read that even though there are characteristics to look for on a poch fett that unless its on a poch card then it cant be 100%.

I reckon that probably goes for quite a few POCH figures. They’re a right bugger to spot apart from the obvious ones like Chocolate pants Han Hoth, Black neck Lando and Toxic Limbs Bossk. I tried identifying the pale hand Hong Kong Coos but gave up, no chance for someone like me.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:24 pm

I understand that the figures he sells are expensive, but they are in excellent condition.
I have bought from him in the past and was very please with the item.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:31 am

subzero wrote:Is there actually anything rare or special about this paint colour variant?, I was under the assumption it was just like any other regular Fett as there are a few shades of green out there. But the bids seem to say otherwise?...

I do not know about if the paint colour variant is rare, but there is fucking many different paint colour variants of boba fett :D

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:35 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote:Is there actually anything rare or special about this paint colour variant?, I was under the assumption it was just like any other regular Fett as there are a few shades of green out there. But the bids seem to say otherwise?...

I do not know about if the paint colour variant is rare, but there is fucking many different paint colour variants of boba fett :D

There's about 100. :lol:

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:28 am

It’s an expensive focus

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:32 am

subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

There's about 100. :lol:

Maybe :lol:

aussiejames
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby aussiejames » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:59 am

I thought we did not discuss live or recently ended auctions unless we are sure they are dodgy :?: And Sergio is not dodgy

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:35 am

aussiejames wrote:I thought we did not discuss live or recently ended auctions unless we are sure they are dodgy :?: And Sergio is not dodgy

Ah, I thought live auctions were okay as everyone seems to post them?, I thought it was just ended auctions we couldn't post for 7 days after ending?

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:02 pm

aussiejames wrote:I thought we did not discuss live or recently ended auctions unless we are sure they are dodgy :?: And Sergio is not dodgy

Hi James,
sorry you thought we had inferred Sergio was dodgy. I don’t believe this was the case and we were merely trying to determine why this figure was more expensive. Incidentally I follow this seller on eBay and would definitely buy off of him as his figures are lovely (if only I could afford it). I recently learned who the seller was on Jabba’s Court when I posted a link on a post by Mark Baker asking for help sourcing more PBB figures as his collection had hit a wall. He knows Sergio Sierra and considers him a good friend too.

Just to clarify the rules on SWFUK are as follows:
Ebay Listings
Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
While discussion of open/live auctions is permitted on this forum, DO NOT post links to recently ended auctions that have not yet been discussed. Wait at least 7 days after the listing has ended. This is to help prevent what is known as "back dooring" where an unscrupulous buyer will contact the seller and offer a higher price. 7 days should be enough time for the buyer to pay, and seller to post.

As I say no offence to Sergio was inferred or intended.

apack7229
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby apack7229 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:00 pm

subzero wrote:There's about 100. :lol:

I have more than 100 and still don't have all the different paint variants. :lol:

TheJabbaWookie wrote:It’s an expensive focus

Especially with todays prices, it's a money pit. :lol:
My Fett Showcase: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548
My Vintage Showcase: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130
My Cardback Showcase: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

Return to “Ebay Listings”