Header image

VCJ?

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

VCJ?

Postby subzero » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:46 am

Do you think this could be a Toltoys?, or just another Kenobi cape?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star ... 1438.l2649
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

stratpack
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: VCJ?

Postby stratpack » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:31 am

Not sure without close ups. My hunch is a Ben cape - but I'm a cynic!

A "VC" jawa finished yesterday for 400 odd quid with no close up photos and nothing that would give it credence - a lot of money to take a punt. :o
Battle-damage stickers should be peelable!

My feedback thread:-
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=22986

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:34 am

stratpack wrote:Not sure without close ups. My hunch is a Ben cape - but I'm a cynic!

A "VC" jawa finished yesterday for 400 odd quid with no close up photos and nothing that would give it credence - a lot of money to take a punt. :o

Yeah I watched that one end, it doubled in price in the last few seconds.

Thanks for the input, it is quite hard to tell with those pics, it looks like a Kenobi cape but doesn't quite seem to have that same 'redness' colour to it, and the arm holes don't look large, and if it's been cut then it seems to look like a very clean accurate cut.

But again it's very hard to tell.

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:46 am

You could take a chance but my feeling is it's a fake. He says the weapons float so he is aware of repro, if I was in his position I would have had that cape checked long ago. I have a feeling he knows it's fake that's why he worded his auction that way.
But as I say if you took a chance and it wasn't a fake it would be great :)
I don't flush the toilet, I scare the shit out of it. ~Chuck Norris~
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball~

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:49 am

yoda wrote:You could take a chance but my feeling is it's a fake. He says the weapons float so he is aware of repro, if I was in his position I would have had that cape checked long ago. I have a feeling he knows it's fake that's why he worded his auction that way.
But as I say if you took a chance and it wasn't a fake it would be great :)

Exactly my thoughts too, he's aware about the concept of floating weapons in water, so yeah chances are he knows what a VCJ is.

Maybe not worth the risk, but at the same time there's still a chance he has no idea what a VCJ is :lol: I just want to believe.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 am

Why don’t you ask for close up pictures. Ask him to carefully remove it so you can see the shape. The VCJ cape is distinct so if it’s a cut down Kenobi cape you will be able to spot it a mile off. Then ask for close ups of the cross hatch pattern. In good light this should show up.

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:09 am

TheJabbaWookie wrote:Why don’t you ask for close up pictures. Ask him to carefully remove it so you can see the shape. The VCJ cape is distinct so if it’s a cut down Kenobi cape you will be able to spot it a mile off. Then ask for close ups of the cross hatch pattern. In good light this should show up.

I'm actually in mid talks with him now, i'll be asking for pics if I like his responses to my questions. :)

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:04 pm

I'd be very surprised if this was genuine, why would an Australian exclusive figure be in with a lot of beaters the British seller's "had for years"

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Clarkspie&chips wrote:I'd be very surprised if this was genuine, why would an Australian exclusive figure be in with a lot of beaters the British seller's "had for years"

Very true, i'm just mainly wondering on that tiny possibility that it could have came over here years ago.

But like you say that's very slim.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:51 pm

I suspect that this is as slim as a slim person from slim town eating slimming biscuits at a slimming club :lol:

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Mini99 wrote:I suspect that this is as slim as a slim person from slim town eating slimming biscuits at a slimming club :lol:

I had to read that twice! :? :lol:

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:57 pm

Well I messaged this seller early this morning asking if they are his childhood figures, he replied back like 10 seconds later saying they were found in his parents loft so have been in the family for years.

I quickly sent another message asking if he knows if they were originally purchased in another country or in the UK.... no reply!

I think i'm being blanked, so he's avoiding the question.

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:09 pm

I wouldn't waste your time, putting a fake rare figure in a group shot of beaters and claiming to have found them in a loft is a classic scam.

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Clarkspie&chips wrote:I wouldn't waste your time, putting a fake rare figure in a group shot of beaters and claiming to have found them in a loft is a classic scam.

Yep, iv'e seen it happen a couple of times now, this being the 3rd I think. :lol:

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:23 pm

Avoid this like the plague, would be my advice. Definitely a cut-down Kenobi cape, I'm afraid :-(

Return to “Ebay Listings”