VCJ?

subzero

Sith Lord
Do you think this could be a Toltoys?, or just another Kenobi cape?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Job-Lot/162853956238?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Not sure without close ups. My hunch is a Ben cape - but I'm a cynic!

A "VC" jawa finished yesterday for 400 odd quid with no close up photos and nothing that would give it credence - a lot of money to take a punt. :eek:

subzero

Sith Lord
stratpack said:

A "VC" jawa finished yesterday for 400 odd quid with no close up photos and nothing that would give it credence - a lot of money to take a punt. :eek:

Yeah I watched that one end, it doubled in price in the last few seconds.

Thanks for the input, it is quite hard to tell with those pics, it looks like a Kenobi cape but doesn't quite seem to have that same 'redness' colour to it, and the arm holes don't look large, and if it's been cut then it seems to look like a very clean accurate cut.

But again it's very hard to tell.

yoda

Sith Lord
You could take a chance but my feeling is it's a fake. He says the weapons float so he is aware of repro, if I was in his position I would have had that cape checked long ago. I have a feeling he knows it's fake that's why he worded his auction that way.
But as I say if you took a chance and it wasn't a fake it would be great :)

subzero

Sith Lord
yoda said:
You could take a chance but my feeling is it's a fake. He says the weapons float so he is aware of repro, if I was in his position I would have had that cape checked long ago. I have a feeling he knows it's fake that's why he worded his auction that way.
But as I say if you took a chance and it wasn't a fake it would be great :)

Exactly my thoughts too, he's aware about the concept of floating weapons in water, so yeah chances are he knows what a VCJ is.

Maybe not worth the risk, but at the same time there's still a chance he has no idea what a VCJ is :lol: I just want to believe.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Why don't you ask for close up pictures. Ask him to carefully remove it so you can see the shape. The VCJ cape is distinct so if it's a cut down Kenobi cape you will be able to spot it a mile off. Then ask for close ups of the cross hatch pattern. In good light this should show up.

subzero

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Why don't you ask for close up pictures. Ask him to carefully remove it so you can see the shape. The VCJ cape is distinct so if it's a cut down Kenobi cape you will be able to spot it a mile off. Then ask for close ups of the cross hatch pattern. In good light this should show up.

I'm actually in mid talks with him now, i'll be asking for pics if I like his responses to my questions. :)

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I'd be very surprised if this was genuine, why would an Australian exclusive figure be in with a lot of beaters the British seller's "had for years"

subzero

Sith Lord
Clarkspie&chips said:
I'd be very surprised if this was genuine, why would an Australian exclusive figure be in with a lot of beaters the British seller's "had for years"

Very true, i'm just mainly wondering on that tiny possibility that it could have came over here years ago.

But like you say that's very slim.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I suspect that this is as slim as a slim person from slim town eating slimming biscuits at a slimming club :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
I suspect that this is as slim as a slim person from slim town eating slimming biscuits at a slimming club :lol:

I had to read that twice! :? :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
Well I messaged this seller early this morning asking if they are his childhood figures, he replied back like 10 seconds later saying they were found in his parents loft so have been in the family for years.

I quickly sent another message asking if he knows if they were originally purchased in another country or in the UK.... no reply!

I think i'm being blanked, so he's avoiding the question.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I wouldn't waste your time, putting a fake rare figure in a group shot of beaters and claiming to have found them in a loft is a classic scam.

subzero

Sith Lord
Clarkspie&chips said:
I wouldn't waste your time, putting a fake rare figure in a group shot of beaters and claiming to have found them in a loft is a classic scam.

Yep, iv'e seen it happen a couple of times now, this being the 3rd I think. :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Avoid this like the plague, would be my advice. Definitely a cut-down Kenobi cape, I'm afraid :-(

:lol: Thanks, I needed a good 'wake up' slap by everyone on here, I can get a bit carried away sometimes hoping for that cool find.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
stratpack said:

Isn't that the one that had a rip at the arm hole?

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
stratpack said:

Thats right, the guy claimed it had just happened when he took the photos for the listing. No close up photos of the cape or the pattern - 469 quid! :shock:
It didn't look very genuine to me!

I'd stick a link on but its against house rules to put up links for recently completed auctions. You can find it through recently completed auctions in Ebays advanced search function though. :wink:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
stratpack said:
StarWarsFan said:
stratpack said:

Thats right, the guy claimed it had just happened when he took the photos for the listing. No close up photos of the cape or the pattern - 469 quid! :shock:
It didn't look very genuine to me!

I'd stick a link on but its against house rules to put up links for recently completed auctions. You can find it through recently completed auctions in Ebays advanced search function though. :wink:

My mate put a small bid on it. Was shocked by the winning bid madness.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom