Header image

Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby tigerham » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:11 pm

Just curious as spotted this and thought it odd. A Chief Chirpa with it's staff TAPED to the side of bubble. Not seen this before so not sure what's going on here. Plus a bit of research on Google show's others with the staff loose. Hmm!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M0206-TRILOGO ... SwLzNZ4H-F

Any thoughts?

User avatar
sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: UK

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby sparkysx » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:46 am

I think it's a re seal, damage to the left of the bubble.

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby tigerham » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:31 am

sparkysx wrote:I think it's a re seal, damage to the left of the bubble.


Yes, i was wondering about that as noticed two cut looking marks, one on the top left side and one on the bottom right side.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (104.74 KiB) Viewed 160 times

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10078
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:53 am

I have never seen a tri-logo chief chirpa moc with tape.

Mine does also not have tape, see my picture :wink:

CHIEF CHIRPA 132.JPG
CHIEF CHIRPA 132.JPG (88.16 KiB) Viewed 151 times

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby tigerham » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:37 pm

"Mine does also not have tape, see my picture :wink: "

That's what I thought. Nice piece btw Pomse2001. Thanks for the help. :)

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2085
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby Mini99 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:16 pm

I didn’t think any Tri Logo cards had taped weapons?

User avatar
theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4931
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby theforceuk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:24 pm

tigerham wrote:
sparkysx wrote:I think it's a re seal, damage to the left of the bubble.


Yes, i was wondering about that as noticed two cut looking marks, one on the top left side and one on the bottom right side.

s-l1600.jpg


These marks are really common on Tri-logos, I wouldn’t say it’s a re-seal because of those marks. That said I’ve never seen weapons taped on Trilogo’s either. :?
Last edited by theforceuk on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby tigerham » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:42 pm

"These marks are really common on Trilogo’s, I wouldn’t say it’s a re-seal because if those marks. That said I’ve never seen weapons taped on Trilogo’s either. :?"

Thank you. :)

User avatar
Oracle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby Oracle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:14 pm

Just to add to the mix, I have a tri-logo Teebo with taped weapon. I know it's original as it is from my childhood collection.

User avatar
Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby Michael Sith » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:01 pm

Yes the marks you ref r to are on many Tri logos.

Sounds like taped ones are out there as well
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2085
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby Mini99 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:14 pm

Michael Sith wrote:Yes the marks you ref r to are on many Tri logos.

Sounds like taped ones are out there as well

I have been looking at Tri Logo’s a long time and never seen a taped weapon before.
Does anyone know Joe well enough to ask him, as I am sure he would be able to clear this up.

User avatar
Oracle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby Oracle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:51 pm

In support of Trilogo taped weapons, I have two examples: Teebo and Han Solo.
Both have clear tape to the right hand side of the bubble, when viewed face on.

I can state that these are 100% original figures, bubbles, weapons and tape! Both figures have been in my personal childhood toys and collection, bought in the UK in the 1980s. Although I removed these figures and weapons from the cards, I have no reason to have added the tape to the bubbles. These have been removed, and played with but for whatever reason I kept all the cards and bubbles. The Han bubbles is still partially attached to the card, so could not have been mixed with another.

I am sure there will be other examples of Trilogos with taped weapons.
Attachments
DSCF2731.JPG
DSCF2731.JPG (50.62 KiB) Viewed 86 times
Teebo_trilogo.jpg
Teebo_trilogo.jpg (141.42 KiB) Viewed 86 times
DSCF2725.JPG
DSCF2725.JPG (54.81 KiB) Viewed 86 times
HanSolo.jpg
HanSolo.jpg (123.75 KiB) Viewed 86 times

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2085
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby Mini99 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:30 pm

Oracle wrote:In support of Trilogo taped weapons, I have two examples: Teebo and Han Solo.
Both have clear tape to the right hand side of the bubble, when viewed face on.

I can state that these are 100% original figures, bubbles, weapons and tape! Both figures have been in my personal childhood toys and collection, bought in the UK in the 1980s. Although I removed these figures and weapons from the cards, I have no reason to have added the tape to the bubbles. These have been removed, and played with but for whatever reason I kept all the cards and bubbles. The Han bubbles is still partially attached to the card, so could not have been mixed with another.

I am sure there will be other examples of Trilogos with taped weapons.

I stand corrected. :oops:
I said it before, you learn something new everyday in this hobby!

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby tigerham » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:06 pm

Absolutely about learning something new every day. Life would be boring otherwise. ;)

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated.

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10078
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:27 am

Looks like some tri-logo was sold with tape, but was the chief chirpa sold with tape ? or is that one a resealed ? :?


Return to “Ebay Listings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests