Tut tut UKG...

tigerham

Sith Lord
Does anyone know what an 'UBBLE' is and how do you grade one? :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Return-jedi-Star-wars-Luke-stormtrooper-Graded-figure-palitoy-Tri-logo-UK-AFA-/112763782442?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'd want them to come and collect it, posting that again would frighten the living daylights out if me, as now it's incased the bubble can't be supported!
Poor quality control, if there is such a thing, even "card" is on the incorrect line to the grade!
Must have been a Friday afternoon job. :lol:

tigerham

Sith Lord
That's why it caught my eye because it's unusual for them to get it wrong in my experience, especially with a typo.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
tigerham said:
That's why it caught my eye because it's unusual for them to get it wrong in my experience, especially with a typo.
I agree with you there, I've not seen that before either.

indianawars

Sith Lord
I've seen a few mistakes with grading labels. I had a Kenner Jabba the Hutt marked up as a Palitoy, and just the other month I saw a Hasbro WWF Razor Ramon marked as Bret Hart.

tigerham

Sith Lord
indianawars said:
I've seen a few mistakes with grading labels. I had a Kenner Jabba the Hutt marked up as a Palitoy, and just the other month I saw a Hasbro WWF Razor Ramon marked as Bret Hart.

Were they from UKG or AFA?

subzero

Sith Lord
You'd think that would be something that can't go wrong, I would have assumed whatever system they're using would use a template for the label and they just choose the figure name & make from a list then enter the number for each grade.

That "ubble" mistake would really mess with a lot of people's 'collector OCD' :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think we need to cut them some slack here, yes it's a silly mistake and shouldn't happen. But I'm sure given the chance UKG would correct this. We all make mistakes, don't think their is a member on here that hasn't made some kind of spelling or grammar mistake at some point or another. Ok they are charging a lot of money for their service but still, it's one bloody letter!

:)

choffialoopa

Padawan
Crazy that they aren't using a template with fixed unedited cells.
Just adds to my unfair conspiracy that this isn't a professional company :lol:

tigerham

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
I think we need to cut them some slack here, yes it's a silly mistake and shouldn't happen. But I'm sure given the chance UKG would correct this. We all make mistakes, don't think their is a member on here that hasn't made some kind of spelling or grammar mistake at some point or another. Ok they are charging a lot of money for their service but still, it's one bloody letter!

Not taking anything away from UKG and yes we all make mistakes at some point. Coming from a graphic design background these 'mistakes' are frowned upon as there should be a proof reader, so to speak, to double, if not treble, check any mistakes that may have occurred.

Anyway saying that, I have dealt with UKG in the past and have done a sterling job with my previous items. I just found it surprising going from my previous experience with them.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
tigerham said:
theforceuk said:

Not taking anything away from UKG and yes we all make mistakes at some point. Coming from a graphic design background these 'mistakes' are frowned upon as there should be a proof reader, so to speak, to double, if not treble, check any mistakes that may have occurred.

Anyway saying that, I have dealt with UKG in the past and have done a sterling job with my previous items. I just found it surprising going from my previous experience with them.
Totally agree, my dealings with UKG have been very good and professional, and been happy with the results.
I too was surprised that it wasn't picked up before being shipped out.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
No problem to cut them some slack as long as it's rectified without any inconvenience to the owner.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom