Header image

Is This A Record ?

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Is This A Record ?

Postby yoda » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 pm

All I can do now is :lol: at these prices, it's fucking mad! The thing is I believe they are going to go alot higher as more and more movies are now being planned.
I'll never complete a full set of loose figures now fuck it :lol:
I don't flush the toilet, I scare the shit out of it. ~Chuck Norris~
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball~

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:05 pm

What?!! :o

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:14 pm

I only need yak and pop up r2 to complete, there was a popup r2 at farthest from last year for £170 so I don't understand this. Someone is driving these up.

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:19 pm

sparkysx wrote:I only need yak and pop up r2 to complete, there was a popup r2 at farthest from last year for £170 so I don't understand this. Someone is driving these up.

I know I got my pop-up for around £200 on here about 15 months ago.
Do you believe these are figures are deliberately being driven up in price for some sort of longer term plan by someone?
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:26 pm

There does seem to of been some sort of effort to drive the prices up, especially on facebook (which I am no longer on) The people on here are a bit more grounded and prices are better.

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:31 pm

sparkysx wrote:There does seem to of been some sort of effort to drive the prices up, especially on facebook (which I am no longer on) The people on here are a bit more grounded and prices are better.

Ok I've never joined any of those groups before so I'm not familiar with what goes on in them.
Only here and on eBay is where I have bought anything regarding my collecting.

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:41 am

Believe it or not on echobase several weeks back I seen a complete pop up R2 in very nice condition sold for £200.... yep :shock: shocking!

After all the high prices on there I was surprised to see that, it was posted up for like 5 seconds and someone snapped it up before I could even start typing. :( ... The guy knew full well he could have quickly sold it for £300+ but wanted to offer someone a good deal, maybe he bought it himself for £200 previously and wasn't bothered about making a profit.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:43 am

yoda wrote:
sparkysx wrote:I only need yak and pop up r2 to complete, there was a popup r2 at farthest from last year for £170 so I don't understand this. Someone is driving these up.

Do you believe these are figures are deliberately being driven up in price for some sort of longer term plan by someone?

Funny you should say that, I actually bought a 2nd complete pop up R2 the other week as an investment... :lol:

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:24 am

subzero wrote:
yoda wrote:

Funny you should say that, I actually bought a 2nd complete pop up R2 the other week as an investment... :lol:

So your the phantom bidder :twisted: bumping up these prices for part of your long term investment plan :lol: can I join you :lol:

Stubbs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Stubbs » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:43 am

I still need one to complete the loose run but not paying £300+ I was kicking myself because a toy dealer at barry potter last year had one in reasonable condition but said he was unsure if the sabre was real. I was positive it was and he was only asking £160 but i was broke and being sensible. Regretted it ever since.

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am

yoda wrote:
subzero wrote:
yoda wrote:

So your the phantom bidder :twisted: bumping up these prices for part of your long term investment plan :lol: can I join you :lol:

Haha, I thought i'd be fair to collectors as this purchase was a buy it now. :wink:

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:19 pm

There was one on echo last year for £160, lasted about a second!

Return to “Ebay Listings”