Is This A Record ?

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Is this a record price for a loose one ?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-VINTAGE-R2-D2-POP-UP-SABER-POTF-LAST-17-MINT-ULTRA-WHITE-100-ORIGINAL/183036651700?hash=item2a9dd5a8b4:g:sgIAAOSwALhaai4X#vi__app-cvip-panel

subzero

Sith Lord
ChallengerFox said:
Is this a record price for a loose one ?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-VINTAGE-R2-D2-POP-UP-SABER-POTF-LAST-17-MINT-ULTRA-WHITE-100-ORIGINAL/183036651700?hash=item2a9dd5a8b4:g:sgIAAOSwALhaai4X#vi__app-cvip-panel

Holy ****! :eek:

That's that seller again, he sometimes sells PBP figures in mint condition, and for some reason all his figures get very high or ridiculously high prices.

Iv'e seen carded versions of this go cheaper. :?

choffialoopa

Padawan
Is it possible he has fake accounts set up that buy from each other or push prices up?
712 pounds and the market is too crazy to be right. MOC's go for less.

I had one seller a month half ago I kept having these odd bidding wars with. But since I was a newbie in the whole SW vintage stuff I pulled out earlier than people would normally do. Both times I got a "second chance" to buy cause original bidder had withdrawn his bid... Odd if once. Suspicious if twice.

BTW I found out it was the recarded market I had ventured into so was quite happy I didn't get "stuck" with a bid.

subzero

Sith Lord
Judging from the top 2 bids it seems a very good chance the bidders are genuine, they've not bid with this seller much apart from this auction really and they've been bidding with tons of other sellers.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I think that this seller has come up before?
I have boight from him, via FB, and as far as I am concerned he's a great seller with some very very nice figures.
If you buy from him, you may pay a premium price, but what you will be getting is a premium figure.

lejackal

Grand Master
This seller is a well respected collector and is very knowledgeable on the PBP front - the finish price for this is ridiculous though

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Mini99 said:
If you buy from him, you may pay a premium price, but what you will be getting is a premium figure.

lejackal said:
This seller is a well respected collector and is very knowledgeable on the PBP front - the finish price for this is ridiculous though

Word - always good service and the real deal. And that's might be, why some collectors are willing to pay more. Pay 200 Quids for a figure which might be what you want oder pay 300 if you can be sure to get what you want.
Anyway I never saw an R2 pop-up go over the moon like that.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
choffialoopa said:
Is it possible he has fake accounts set up that buy from each other or push prices up?
712 pounds and the market is too crazy to be right. MOC's go for less.

I had one seller a month half ago I kept having these odd bidding wars with. But since I was a newbie in the whole SW vintage stuff I pulled out earlier than people would normally do. Both times I got a "second chance" to buy cause original bidder had withdrawn his bid... Odd if once. Suspicious if twice.

BTW I found out it was the recarded market I had ventured into so was quite happy I didn't get "stuck" with a bid.

The seller is Sergio Sierra. He is massively respected in the community and his knowledge on PBP is second to none. I would imagine this is the reason for the high prices. People trust what they get from this guy. But yes, the price is way above what was current market value.

yoda

Sith Lord
All I can do now is :lol: at these prices, it's ****ing mad! The thing is I believe they are going to go alot higher as more and more movies are now being planned.
I'll never complete a full set of loose figures now **** it :lol:

sparkysx

Sith Lord
I only need yak and pop up r2 to complete, there was a popup r2 at farthest from last year for £170 so I don't understand this. Someone is driving these up.

yoda

Sith Lord
sparkysx said:
I only need yak and pop up r2 to complete, there was a popup r2 at farthest from last year for £170 so I don't understand this. Someone is driving these up.

I know I got my pop-up for around £200 on here about 15 months ago.
Do you believe these are figures are deliberately being driven up in price for some sort of longer term plan by someone?

sparkysx

Sith Lord
There does seem to of been some sort of effort to drive the prices up, especially on facebook (which I am no longer on) The people on here are a bit more grounded and prices are better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom