Erm... Ben?

subzero

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
I give you.... Obi-Wan Kenobi:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Figure-Obi-Wan-Kenobi/162893249312

"I am selling all my Star Wars toys from my childhood"

Sorry kid, mommy & daddy lied to you and bought you a cheaper toy and pretended it was Obi Wan, your childhood is a lie. :lol:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Ha. You guys shouldn't laugh. That there figure has a lot more Star Wars history then you could possibly give it credit for.

That is a fisher price adventure people space commander. They were released before Star Wars, but were the pioneer of the 4" action figure whilst almost everything else was made in 12" scale, a la action man.

Without that range, there would be NO 4" Star Wars figures. These are the reason Kenner chose the size they chose for the action figure range.

Plus the adventure people were used as a basis for some very very early Star Wars prototypes. Ever heard the term "kit bashed"

Know your history guys ;)

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48959

apack7229

Sith Lord
It must be one of the pre production prototypes that Kenner made using the adventure people. :lol: But only true avid fans would know such things. :lol:

apack7229

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Ha. You guys shouldn't laugh. That there figure has a lot more Star Wars history then you could possibly give it credit for.

That is a fisher price adventure people space commander. They were released before Star Wars, but were the pioneer of the 4" action figure whilst almost everything else was made in 12" scale, a la action man.

Without that range, there would be NO 4" Star Wars figures. These are the reason Kenner chose the size they chose for the action figure range.

Plus the adventure people were used as a basis for some very very early Star Wars prototypes. Ever heard the term "kit bashed"

Slightly to slow typing and you beat me. :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Mr-shifter said:

Slightly to slow typing and you beat me. :lol:
Get a sharpie and you've got yourself a kit bashed engineering Pilot right there :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:

Thank you for the history lesson, which is genuinely interesting to learn :)

HOWEVER... whilst I have heard the term 'kit bashed' before, I've also heard the term 'ignorant seller' ;-)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:

I don't think that's the only reason Ben. I read they opted for 3 3/4' scale because they wanted to make ships and playsets therefore the figures would have to be small to go with them. I also heard it was the CEO of Kenner who ultimately decided the size of the whole range by setting the size of Luke FB and everything else was scaled to him.

stormcab

Sith Lord
When are we gonna be able to have a comments section on eBay so we can just put "What the actual ****" under listings :D

subzero

Sith Lord
stormcab said:
When are we gonna be able to have a comments section on eBay so we can just put "What the actual ****" under listings :D

Oooh now I could really have some fun with that feature. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom