Header image

Is it just me or...

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Is it just me or...

Postby tigerham » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:46 am

... is this guy shill bidding? Not only these two examples but quite a lot of completed listings. Unfortunately I was sucked in but had a suspicion so held back until the end on one of the items. Sill got shilled. I have just sent him a message trying to be as innocent as possible as still waiting to receive my item (although it's been posted).


Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 07.32.34.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 07.40.58.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tigerham on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Is it just me or...

Postby subzero » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:58 am

Yeah that looks well dodge, if I was you i'd report it to ebay, if they discover the bidders account is from the same IP address as the seller then they'll take action on it.

If it's not actually a shill bidder then nothing bad will happen to him anyway so you might as well report it and let ebay investigate it.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Is it just me or...

Postby tigerham » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:05 am

I've now been blocked from seeing his listings both completed and for sale but can see the listings if I log into eBay.com. Just received a message from him so see what he has to say.
Last edited by tigerham on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Is it just me or...

Postby tigerham » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:10 am

Sent a few more messages.
Last edited by tigerham on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Is it just me or...

Postby tigerham » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:13 am

Hmm, either an eBay glitch or he has now unblocked me...
Last edited by tigerham on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Is it just me or...

Postby tigerham » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:15 am

subzero wrote:Yeah that looks well dodge, if I was you i'd report it to ebay, if they discover the bidders account is from the same IP address as the seller then they'll take action on it.

If it's not actually a shill bidder then nothing bad will happen to him anyway so you might as well report it and let eBay investigate it.


I've reported ALL completed listings that bidder has bid on which is quite a few. Either same IP address or even get a friend to do so via another computer elsewhere. That way no IP address link.

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Is it just me or...

Postby subzero » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 am

tigerham wrote:
subzero wrote:Yeah that looks well dodge, if I was you i'd report it to ebay, if they discover the bidders account is from the same IP address as the seller then they'll take action on it.

If it's not actually a shill bidder then nothing bad will happen to him anyway so you might as well report it and let eBay investigate it.


I've reported ALL completed listings that bidder has bid on which is quite a few. Either same IP address or even get a friend to do so via another computer elsewhere. That way no IP address link.


Hmm, I didn't realise you could block someone from seeing past sales?

This morning I did have the same problem when trying to view another seller's past sales and I just got an error message up in red, so it could def be a glitch.

But yeah if it's not the same IP address but maybe an account that's within so many miles of the seller then maybe ebay could determine it from that?
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Is it just me or...

Postby tigerham » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:52 am

Ah ok. Well that was good timing going by what I just had written to him. But it must have been a glitch as it showed in red my end too with an error message. Thank you for clearing that up.

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Is it just me or...

Postby tigerham » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:57 am

See what happens now since I've mentioned it to him about the bidder, if it still continues or stops. OR if eBay intervene.

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Is it just me or...

Postby subzero » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:08 am

tigerham wrote:See what happens now since I've mentioned it to him about the bidder, if it still continues or stops. OR if eBay intervene.


All glitches aside it still does look very suspicious, so will be interesting to see what happens.

He might not get suspended though he could just get a warning, but yes if the bidding completely stops from that account then i'd say he's either had the warning off ebay or decided to stop himself after you messaged him.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Is it just me or...

Postby tigerham » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:12 am

subzero wrote:
tigerham wrote:See what happens now since I've mentioned it to him about the bidder, if it still continues or stops. OR if eBay intervene.


All glitches aside it still does look very suspicious, so will be interesting to see what happens.

He might not get suspended though he could just get a warning, but yes if the bidding completely stops from that account then i'd say he's either had the warning off ebay or decided to stop himself after you messaged him.


Absolutely.

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Is it just me or...

Postby tigerham » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Ok, so the bids have reached over 'that bidder's' highest limit which was placed early this morning around 3am on one of the items mentioned... so far.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 18.55.41.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Return to “Ebay Listings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests