Header image

eBay - Vintage Star Wars

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

eBay - Vintage Star Wars

Postby Robstyley » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Just did an experiment, eBay search - Action figures - Vintage Star Wars - Original packaging(unopened) - Ending soonest. And in the first 200 listings there was only 27 listings of actual genuine Vintage sealed Mocs or boxed items :lol: It’s a fucking joke! Full of POTF2, Episode 1 and every other modern line imaginable :roll: I’m sure there was a time when it wasn’t like this but it’s gradually changed so you don’t notice. Hasbro truly are fuckwits for calling a modern line The Vintage Collection.

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: eBay - Vintage Star Wars

Postby subzero » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Robstyley wrote:Just did an experiment, eBay search - Action figures - Vintage Star Wars - Original packaging(unopened) - Ending soonest. And in the first 200 listings there was only 27 listings of actual genuine Vintage sealed Mocs or boxed items :lol: It’s a fucking joke! Full of POTF2, Episode 1 and every other modern line imaginable :roll: I’m sure there was a time when it wasn’t like this but it’s gradually changed so you don’t notice. Hasbro truly are fuckwits for calling a modern line The Vintage Collection.

My thoughts exactly, I have moments where I want to search through the latest listings and a couple of certain sellers have just listed about 5 or 6 pages worth of vintage collection shite, which I have to sift through to find the actual vintage listings, they really, really should not have called them vintage collection.

Plus the fact there are a ton of idiots on ebay who seem to think POTF2 and a SW toy post 1999 is vintage just adds to the clutter, iv'e even seen toys from about 2010 onwards listed as vintage, it makes me fucking angry.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:54 pm

Apart from pissing us off, bet they made loads by calling it the vintage collection. Actual vintage sales are chicken feed to these guys.

MarkG
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby MarkG » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:07 pm

Kenner had a policy of 'We really do care'

Hasbro have 'We really don't give a f***'
Wanted - Instruction sheets and Stormtrooper cardbacks preferably....
Lili Ledy Boxed Speeder Bike

Return to “Ebay Listings”