Header image

Postage price?

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postage price?

Postby sparkysx » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:48 pm

Does anyone else think that this is a bit expensive for postage?

She seems to think its going to sell for fortunes, but she is using myhermes and they quote £6.49 for this, I know ebay and paypal take a combined 13.4% and a box and some bubble wrap has a small value, but this still seems a bit ott.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR ... 1438.l2649

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Postage price?

Postby StarWarsFan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:26 pm

One thing I really hate

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:26 pm

If it was being sent Special Delivery, maybe. But Hermes...hell no!

Chris
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies...
ROTJ Store Display Items

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:16 am

TK-7785 wrote:If it was being sent Special Delivery, maybe. But Hermes...hell no!

Chris

Nope, it's hermes, dunno who shes trying to kid, but that will stop me from bidding as I know it's money for nothing.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:30 am

sparkysx wrote:
TK-7785 wrote:If it was being sent Special Delivery, maybe. But Hermes...hell no!

Chris

Nope, it's hermes, dunno who shes trying to kid, but that will stop me from bidding as I know it's money for nothing.

Not only that, if she's sending it by Hermes you'll be lucky if it arrives in one piece anyway. A truly awful delivery company in my experience. They're cheap, and it certainly shows!

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:27 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
sparkysx wrote:

Chris

Not only that, if she's sending it by Hermes you'll be lucky if it arrives in one piece anyway. A truly awful delivery company in my experience. They're cheap, and it certainly shows!

Agreed. I've stopped using them for anything remotely valuable. I use Royal Mail Tracked and Special Delivery for my ebay sales 99% of the time. Always special delivery for sending MOCs. Every once in a while i get someone asking for something to be sent cheaply, but I have to say no. I don't want any vintage item getting lost or unnecessarily damaged.

Chris
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies...
ROTJ Store Display Items

rdpla
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby rdpla » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:01 pm

-
in all fairness she does say you can go and pick it up... if a member here was looking to buy, ask if any other members live nearby, go and pick it up and do the honours....

plus side...nowhere near as horrendous as the toptoys Argentina seller .....not often the postage costs more than the card...

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:35 pm

She knows most people won't be able to pick it up. I don't mind paying a bit over the postage price because you have to allow for paypal and ebay fees, and the cost of bubble wrap, but ebay specify that you can't charge for the time taken to pack it up, and take it to the post office, or petrol costs and parking charges.

I sold an RC car the other day and sent it special delivery, I charged £16 and the actual price of posting was £11, I used a ton of bubble wrap and a box that I already had, but that box had cost me money from a prior delivery so it wasn't free. Paypal and ebay take their 13.4% so I didn't make any profit from the p&p at all and I shouldn't either.

Return to “Ebay Listings”