Header image

I hope no one thinks they're getting the real thing...

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

I hope no one thinks they're getting the real thing...

Postby tigerham » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:39 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-star ... 1438.l2649

I asked the seller to send me photos of the Jawa and they sent me these...

s-l16001.jpg
s-l16001.jpg (115.27 KiB) Viewed 194 times

s-l16002.jpg
s-l16002.jpg (113.19 KiB) Viewed 194 times

Seller claims to not know what I'm talking about so I sent him comparison shots of theirs and a genuine one. They still say they do not see any difference. (I tried)

Just a heads up in case.

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: I hope no one thinks they're getting the real thing...

Postby StarWarsFan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:44 pm

Blimey someone isn't going to be happy. Saw this lot was going to put a bid in but decided not too glad I didn't thanks for the warning.

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:42 pm

StarWarsFan wrote:Blimey someone isn't going to be happy. Saw this lot was going to put a bid in but decided not too glad I didn't thanks for the warning.

No problem.

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:59 pm

405 quids tut tut
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:07 am

Lindo wrote:405 quids tut tut

They even asked me how much I think they are all worth and I replied stating depends if someone thinks it's a genuine VCJ or not. After my last two messages to them with a price guide and solid proof it wasn't a genuine VCJ I never heard back from them again. Hmm, playing the innocent maybe?! :roll:

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:07 am

This seems to be more of a common occurrence lately with sellers throwing a fake one in amongst lots of others and not mentioning anything about it, hoping it will trick people into putting in higher bids. It seems the seller knows his figures just from these pictures, he's matched up all the correct weapons to the right figures so I have a feeling he knows what a VCJ is.

If the seller is doing that on purpose then i'm sure it will backfire when the buyer demands to return them anyway. :D
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:06 pm

subzero wrote:This seems to be more of a common occurrence lately with sellers throwing a fake one in amongst lots of others and not mentioning anything about it, hoping it will trick people into putting in higher bids. It seems the seller knows his figures just from these pictures, he's matched up all the correct weapons to the right figures so I have a feeling he knows what a VCJ is.

If the seller is doing that on purpose then i'm sure it will backfire when the buyer demands to return them anyway. :D

Well unless the buyer has been told it's a genuine VCJ then not really much they can do about it as no returns. At the end of the day if you don't ask (the right questions) then you don't get (a result either way). I also think some may not ask these questions in the fear that if it was a genuine one then the seller may pull the listing and relist at a higher price, maybe.

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:01 pm

see that always mystifies me as well, someone can put no returns all they like but if a seller disputes it ebay will always allow a return
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:40 pm

tigerham wrote:
subzero wrote:This seems to be more of a common occurrence lately with sellers throwing a fake one in amongst lots of others and not mentioning anything about it, hoping it will trick people into putting in higher bids. It seems the seller knows his figures just from these pictures, he's matched up all the correct weapons to the right figures so I have a feeling he knows what a VCJ is.

Well unless the buyer has been told it's a genuine VCJ then not really much they can do about it as no returns. At the end of the day if you don't ask (the right questions) then you don't get (a result either way). I also think some may not ask these questions in the fear that if it was a genuine one then the seller may pull the listing and relist at a higher price, maybe.

That's exactly it, people know if they start asking questions about the Jawa then the seller would be thinking "why all the interest in this one?", and they'd basically be alerting the seller to what it is and once they google it then it's over.

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:42 pm

subzero wrote:
tigerham wrote:

That's exactly it, people know if they start asking questions about the Jawa then the seller would be thinking "why all the interest in this one?", and they'd basically be alerting the seller to what it is and once they google it then it's over.

And that's exactly what they said to me that why would it have so much interest if it was fake, lol. :roll:

stu70
Regular
Regular

Postby stu70 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Seems like this seller has got a track record of including what looks like a VCJ in groups of figures, as well as fake weapons, feedback from one unhappy buyer,

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAP ... egative_30

This lot also looks exactly the same as the set of figures that he just sold for £405.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-star ... true&rt=nc

Looks like he keeps trying to sell the same set of figures with a supposed VCJ in them.
Last edited by stu70 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:17 pm

What a complete twat, he's relisted this latest auction too, i'm guessing whoever won it also asked for more pics/info of the Jawa afterwards then told the seller to get lost :lol: ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star ... Sw8mRax8e1

Luckily he now has that negative feedback so potential bidders will know the deal with this guy and his VCJ's.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Some idiots never learn! And the cheeky bastard also had the front to add this bullshit line to his relisting:

"Selling again due to time waster!!"

That 'time waster' would of course be himself, presumably! Let's hope he gets 'negged' again by the next unlucky winner :lol:

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Can't believe its at 260.

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:46 am

stu70 wrote:Seems like this seller has got a track record of including what looks like a VCJ in groups of figures, as well as fake weapons, feedback from one unhappy buyer,

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAP ... egative_30

This lot also looks exactly the same as the set of figures that he just sold for £405.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-star ... true&rt=nc

Looks like he keeps trying to sell the same set of figures with a supposed VCJ in them.

To be honest, if someone is looking for a VC Jawa then they really need to do some research first as they never stated it was a genuine one plus the images on the completed listing with the neg feedback blatantly show a fake one with definite wrong colour and size. Lol, and then they have the cheek to say that. :roll: Unless, of course, he stated in private message that it was but in that case why not state it in the listing then. Just a thought.

They never even said it was a genuine one in private messages to myself but chose their words carefully shall we say. :wink:

Return to “Ebay Listings”