Header image

ebay advice

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

ebay advice

Postby pizzathehutt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:19 am

hi guys, I've started selling all sorts of junk on ebay and I need some advice.

one of the items is at a silly amount, a camera bidded at £250 and you can buy these on ebay for £95 easily

the highest bidder has 0 feedback

I'm guessing they wont pay and the auction still has 4 days to go

what can I do?
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: ebay advice

Postby mr_palitoy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:31 am

I'd wait for the auction to finish. You never know, they may still pay. Then when they don't just relist.

:)

Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:08 am

he has a feedback score of 2 so I've gone and blocked bidders with feedback lower than 5 but he is still the winning and the highest bidder????

shouldn't he be blocked and the person lower down be the highest bidder now or does it take awhile for ebay to refresh all that?

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:13 am

pizzathehutt wrote:he has a feedback score of 2 so I've gone and blocked bidders with feedback lower than 5 but he is still the winning and the highest bidder????

shouldn't he be blocked and the person lower down be the highest bidder now or does it take awhile for ebay to refresh all that?

Unfortunately you can't block bidders unless they have a 'minus 1 or lower' feedback score, the setting you chose only blocks bidders with 5 or less IF they don't have card/payment details registered, so because he has a card registered for payments he's still able to bid.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:19 am

subzero wrote:
pizzathehutt wrote:he has a feedback score of 2 so I've gone and blocked bidders with feedback lower than 5 but he is still the winning and the highest bidder????

Unfortunately you can't block bidders unless they have a 'minus 1 or lower' feedback score, the setting you chose only blocks bidders with 5 or less IF they don't have card/payment details registered, so because he has a card registered for payments he's still able to bid.

I've gone in and cancelled his bid, I've also put on my settings anyone who is bidding on one of my items must have 5 feedback or above

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:20 am

seems to have worked, plus the fact I only post to uk and this guy is in morroco

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:22 am

pizzathehutt wrote:seems to have worked, plus the fact I only post to uk and this guy is in morroco

If you revise the listing have a look to see if the box is ticked for the global shipping program, cheeky ebay have it ticked as default and you have to unselect it, it caught me out a couple of weeks back.

Paullaura
Regular
Regular

Postby Paullaura » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:45 pm

I often get foreign bidders , even though i clearly state UK only.

If they ever win i just cancel the sale . It is a bit annoying :evil:

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Paullaura wrote:I often get foreign bidders , even though i clearly state UK only.

Ditto know that feeling.

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:03 pm

I sold an R/C car the other week, I put that I only post to the UK, but didn't specify that bidders outside of the UK couldn't bid, so someone in Hong Kong bought it, and his paypal address was a unit on an industrial estate in Portsmouth, so I sent it there and it's been confirmed as delivered. He said he won't be in the UK for a few months so I have to keep my fingers crossed that he won't try something to scam me. eBay said I'm protected but we will see!

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:21 pm

sparkysx wrote:I sold an R/C car the other week, I put that I only post to the UK, but didn't specify that bidders outside of the UK couldn't bid, so someone in Hong Kong bought it, and his paypal address was a unit on an industrial estate in Portsmouth, so I sent it there and it's been confirmed as delivered. He said he won't be in the UK for a few months so I have to keep my fingers crossed that he won't try something to scam me. eBay said I'm protected but we will see!

He would have to open a return or not received case within 30 days I believe and as you have proof of delivery to the address provided you should be fine

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:37 pm

StarWarsFan wrote:
Paullaura wrote:I often get foreign bidders , even though i clearly state UK only.

Ditto know that feeling.

You can set it up to automatically prevent bidders from zones you wish to exclude posting to, and you can be pretty specific. But this has to be set up in your preferences through the main site and not on the app

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:29 pm

lejackal wrote:
sparkysx wrote:I sold an R/C car the other week, I put that I only post to the UK, but didn't specify that bidders outside of the UK couldn't bid, so someone in Hong Kong bought it, and his paypal address was a unit on an industrial estate in Portsmouth, so I sent it there and it's been confirmed as delivered. He said he won't be in the UK for a few months so I have to keep my fingers crossed that he won't try something to scam me. eBay said I'm protected but we will see!

He would have to open a return or not received case within 30 days I believe and as you have proof of delivery to the address provided you should be fine

Cheers, good to know!

I really don't like ebay!

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:49 am

I remember selling something several years back where I actually blocked every single country accept for UK in my settings, and a clever ( or cheeky ) little Japanese man had a UK ebay account opened & registered in this country so was able to bid, but after he won my auction provided a Japanese address ( purposely getting around your clear UK only policy ) and I ended up having to ship it there. It was a 7 day auction and really didn't want to waste more time trying to sell it again to the next highest bidder / or relist it, so I went with the winner.

Looking at his feedback he had a ton!! of comments from other sellers all complaining about having to ship to Japan. :evil:

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:04 am

subzero wrote:I remember selling something several years back where I actually blocked every single country accept for UK in my settings, and a clever ( or cheeky ) little Japanese man had a UK ebay account opened & registered in this country so was able to bid, but after he won my auction provided a Japanese address ( purposely getting around your clear UK only policy ) and I ended up having to ship it there. It was a 7 day auction and really didn't want to waste more time trying to sell it again to the next highest bidder / or relist it, so I went with the winner.

Looking at his feedback he had a ton!! of comments from other sellers all complaining about having to ship to Japan. :evil:

Yeah I'd of told him to get stuffed, pretty sure you could get any negs removed under those circumstances.

Return to “Ebay Listings”