Header image

ebay advice

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: ebay advice

Postby subzero » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 am

sparkysx wrote:
subzero wrote:I remember selling something several years back where I actually blocked every single country accept for UK in my settings, and a clever ( or cheeky ) little Japanese man had a UK ebay account opened & registered in this country so was able to bid, but after he won my auction provided a Japanese address ( purposely getting around your clear UK only policy ) and I ended up having to ship it there. It was a 7 day auction and really didn't want to waste more time trying to sell it again to the next highest bidder / or relist it, so I went with the winner.

Looking at his feedback he had a ton!! of comments from other sellers all complaining about having to ship to Japan. :evil:

Yeah I'd of told him to get stuffed, pretty sure you could get any negs removed under those circumstances.

Yeah that's very true and negs could have been removed, but at the time I didn't have much money and was in immediate need of the cash from the sale so I couldn't wait to relist the item again. If I could have afforded to cancel the sale and wait longer I would have def cancelled it no probs.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:38 pm

subzero wrote:
sparkysx wrote:
subzero wrote:I remember selling something several years back where I actually blocked every single country accept for UK in my settings, and a clever ( or cheeky ) little Japanese man had a UK ebay account opened & registered in this country so was able to bid, but after he won my auction provided a Japanese address ( purposely getting around your clear UK only policy ) and I ended up having to ship it there. It was a 7 day auction and really didn't want to waste more time trying to sell it again to the next highest bidder / or relist it, so I went with the winner.

Looking at his feedback he had a ton!! of comments from other sellers all complaining about having to ship to Japan. :evil:

Yeah I'd of told him to get stuffed, pretty sure you could get any negs removed under those circumstances.

Yeah that's very true and negs could have been removed, but at the time I didn't have much money and was in immediate need of the cash from the sale so I couldn't wait to relist the item again. If I could have afforded to cancel the sale and wait longer I would have def cancelled it no probs.

fair enough!

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:33 am

well 2 auctions sold no problems

the other 3 have been disasters....

1) my old ipad sold and then the buyer emailed saying 'oops sorry I didn't know but my wife was also bidding on another ipad so we are buying that one now, please cancel this order' ??

2) I sold a watch that I don't wear anymore that went for peanuts, the winning bidder is in Puerto rico and the shipping is more that the watch :lol: he still hasn't paid yet and I doubt he will

3) the camera again :roll: I retracted those silly bids and blocked anyone with less than 5 feedbacks from selling, some woman up north won but hasn't paid and wont respond to my emails?

what do I do now? do I contact ebay? can I leave negative feedback for buyers?

he'res me 5 years later an seller who was banned from selling and now that I'm allowed to sell again its going horribly wrong

any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Andrew
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:32 pm

pizzathehutt wrote:well 2 auctions sold no problems

1) my old ipad sold and then the buyer emailed saying 'oops sorry I didn't know but my wife was also bidding on another ipad so we are buying that one now, please cancel this order' ??

2) I sold a watch that I don't wear anymore that went for peanuts, the winning bidder is in Puerto rico and the shipping is more that the watch :lol: he still hasn't paid yet and I doubt he will

3) the camera again :roll: I retracted those silly bids and blocked anyone with less than 5 feedbacks from selling, some woman up north won but hasn't paid and wont respond to my emails?

he'res me 5 years later an seller who was banned from selling and now that I'm allowed to sell again its going horribly wrong

thanks
Andrew

Wow, sorry to hear it's gone so bad. Well for starters to be fair ebay shouldn't punish you for anything this time as you've done nothing wrong, it's the buyers responsibility to pay up.

If you go into your ebay 'site preferences' you'll be best off turning on your 'unpaid item assistant' ( if you haven't done so already ), set it so it opens a non-payment case on your behalf automatically after however long you choose ( I set it to 2 days ). Then if payment is not made after 48hrs the buyer then has another 48hrs to pay up and if they don't it will close in your favour and you get your seller fees back etc, and you can relist the item then.

However if you change this setting right now then I don't think this will apply to the items you've already sold, so you will have to open and close your cases manually for those ones. But any future non-bidders will be met with your unpaid item assistant and you won't have to chase things up yourself. :)

FYI, sellers can't leave negative any more only positive ( I know, it's ridiculous ), and also since you're trying to keep your account in good standing don't risk leaving bad comments in the positive feedback such as "non payer" or any other similar negative comments, as that's now against ebay policy and could get you in trouble.

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:10 pm

subzero wrote:

thanks
Andrew

Wow, sorry to hear it's gone so bad. Well for starters to be fair ebay shouldn't punish you for anything this time as you've done nothing wrong, it's the buyers responsibility to pay up.

If you go into your ebay 'site preferences' you'll be best off turning on your 'unpaid item assistant' ( if you haven't done so already ), set it so it opens a non-payment case on your behalf automatically after however long you choose ( I set it to 2 days ). Then if payment is not made after 48hrs the buyer then has another 48hrs to pay up and if they don't it will close in your favour and you get your seller fees back etc, and you can relist the item then.

However if you change this setting right now then I don't think this will apply to the items you've already sold, so you will have to open and close your cases manually for those ones. But any future non-bidders will be met with your unpaid item assistant and you won't have to chase things up yourself. :)

FYI, sellers can't leave negative any more only positive ( I know, it's ridiculous ), and also since you're trying to keep your account in good standing don't risk leaving bad comments in the positive feedback such as "non payer" or any other similar negative comments, as that's now against ebay policy and could get you in trouble.

Thanks for clearing all of this up for me, i'll make those changes you suggested

it probably didn't help me selling stuff during half term
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:25 pm

pizzathehutt wrote:
subzero wrote:

thanks
Andrew

Thanks for clearing all of this up for me, i'll make those changes you suggested

it probably didn't help me selling stuff during half term

No probs, yeah it usually doesn't help during holidays when people are distracted and a bit skint, I usually never list an auction ending on or around a holiday because if it's gonna go dirt cheap it'll be on those times. Then to top it off if winning bidders are suddenly skint when the auction ends they're more likely to ignore the sale afterwards and blank the seller.

Hope you get it all sorted anyway.

Return to “Ebay Listings”