Header image

WTF IS THIS?

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Tarkin's nosehair
Regular
Regular

WTF IS THIS?

Postby Tarkin's nosehair » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:15 am

Now call me an old cynic, but has anyone ever heard of German star wars Grader? Or......(and I could be wrong on this) has this muppet just put his own label in an acrylic case, and is trying to pull a fast one? :shock:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vi ... SwcmZa2v0y

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: WTF IS THIS?

Postby lejackal » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:20 am

Tarkin's nosehair wrote:has this muppet just put his own label in an acrylic case

Isn't that what they all do? :lol:

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:23 am

Plastikheld
Regular
Regular

Postby Plastikheld » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:59 am

lejackal wrote:http://www.lichtgeschwindigkeit.de/viewtopic.php?t=10428

This is my home forum and please let me translate this for you. In one word: bullshit!
Such a company simply does not exist (anymore), the website is offline. Popped up for just a few weeks some years ago.
Might be an amateurish try from a noob to become a new "grading authority".

Anyway, grading is not my kind of collecting, might be a great option for high-end or truly rare collectibles, but not for standard stuff.
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:23 pm

That looks fake as fuck, the grading sticker any old Joe can print out and laminate themselves, and that hologram sticker mentions nothing to do with this apparent German grading company, and it's precisely just like one of your typical generic ebay hologram stickers that anyone can buy, and all it says is 'made in Germany', nothing here was made by anybody just graded. :lol:

I'm gonna go with 'bedroom grader' here trying to add more value to these figures.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Tarkin's nosehair
Regular
Regular

Postby Tarkin's nosehair » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:00 pm

I'm gonna go with 'bedroom grader' here trying to add more value to these figures.

Spot on !!

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:56 pm

I'm trying to see how Chewie is held in place. I hope he hasn't used superglue on the feet and Fucked up another figure. I can see sellotape holding his Wookiee bowcaster in place.
I don't flush the toilet, I scare the shit out of it. ~Chuck Norris~
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball~

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:29 pm

yoda wrote:I'm trying to see how Chewie is held in place. I hope he hasn't used superglue on the feet and Fucked up another figure. I can see sellotape holding his Wookiee bowcaster in place.

Oh shit yeah, plus it's one of those basic display cases you can grab off ebay with the sliding back, there's no way to fix that figure in unless it's glued down.

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:36 pm

subzero wrote:
yoda wrote:I'm trying to see how Chewie is held in place. I hope he hasn't used superglue on the feet and Fucked up another figure. I can see sellotape holding his Wookiee bowcaster in place.

Oh shit yeah, plus it's one of those basic display cases you can grab off ebay with the sliding back, there's no way to fix that figure in unless it's glued down.

I know then does that mean the leg joints could also be glued to hold him upright at the waist :roll:
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:50 pm

yoda wrote:
subzero wrote:

I know then does that mean the leg joints could also be glued to hold him upright at the waist :roll:

It's possible, I suppose if the limbs are pretty tight then I can't see it moving unless it gets shaken or dropped.

Either way this grading is an awful idea. :|

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:07 pm

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 18.05.46.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StarWarsFan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby StarWarsFan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:55 pm

:roll:

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:49 pm

:? That's not good, I see he also has a few more for sale. They look like they are all cased the same way as Chewie. I think that makes it clear it's not a legitimate grading company that cased them. There's no way they would have applied anything to the actual figures that they were grading.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:01 pm

AFA, UKG and now CAS are not the only graders to have existed, there are/were others so anomalies like this will appear from time to time.

If anything they’re probably a bit of a curio for a focus collector, no additional value should be assumed or inferred because of the grade (even less than normal)

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:21 am

If the bond on those feet is permanent to hold it in place where it needs to be broken off to remove it from the case, then it's ruined plain and simple. :|

And I have a strange feeling it's this seller who's putting these together at home and pretending they've been graded by a company.

Return to “Ebay Listings”