WTF IS THIS?

Now call me an old cynic, but has anyone ever heard of German star wars Grader? Or......(and I could be wrong on this) has this muppet just put his own label in an acrylic case, and is trying to pull a fast one? :shock:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-Sammlung-German-Graders-no-AFA-UKG-Chewbacca-80/312115706282?hash=item48ab8bb9aa:g:Ly4AAOSwcmZa2v0y

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
http://www.lichtgeschwindigkeit.de/viewtopic.php?t=10428
This is my home forum and please let me translate this for you. In one word: bullshit!
Such a company simply does not exist (anymore), the website is offline. Popped up for just a few weeks some years ago.
Might be an amateurish try from a noob to become a new "grading authority".

Anyway, grading is not my kind of collecting, might be a great option for high-end or truly rare collectibles, but not for standard stuff.

subzero

Sith Lord
That looks fake as ****, the grading sticker any old Joe can print out and laminate themselves, and that hologram sticker mentions nothing to do with this apparent German grading company, and it's precisely just like one of your typical generic ebay hologram stickers that anyone can buy, and all it says is 'made in Germany', nothing here was made by anybody just graded. :lol:

I'm gonna go with 'bedroom grader' here trying to add more value to these figures.

yoda

Sith Lord
I'm trying to see how Chewie is held in place. I hope he hasn't used superglue on the feet and ****ed up another figure. I can see sellotape holding his Wookiee bowcaster in place.

subzero

Sith Lord
yoda said:
I'm trying to see how Chewie is held in place. I hope he hasn't used superglue on the feet and ****ed up another figure. I can see sellotape holding his Wookiee bowcaster in place.

Oh **** yeah, plus it's one of those basic display cases you can grab off ebay with the sliding back, there's no way to fix that figure in unless it's glued down.

yoda

Sith Lord
subzero said:
yoda said:

Oh **** yeah, plus it's one of those basic display cases you can grab off ebay with the sliding back, there's no way to fix that figure in unless it's glued down.

I know then does that mean the leg joints could also be glued to hold him upright at the waist :roll:

subzero

Sith Lord
yoda said:
subzero said:
yoda said:

I know then does that mean the leg joints could also be glued to hold him upright at the waist :roll:

It's possible, I suppose if the limbs are pretty tight then I can't see it moving unless it gets shaken or dropped.

Either way this grading is an awful idea. :|

tigerham

Sith Lord
Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 18.05.46.png

yoda

Sith Lord
:? That's not good, I see he also has a few more for sale. They look like they are all cased the same way as Chewie. I think that makes it clear it's not a legitimate grading company that cased them. There's no way they would have applied anything to the actual figures that they were grading.

lejackal

Grand Master
AFA, UKG and now CAS are not the only graders to have existed, there are/were others so anomalies like this will appear from time to time.

If anything they're probably a bit of a curio for a focus collector, no additional value should be assumed or inferred because of the grade (even less than normal)

subzero

Sith Lord
If the bond on those feet is permanent to hold it in place where it needs to be broken off to remove it from the case, then it's ruined plain and simple. :|

And I have a strange feeling it's this seller who's putting these together at home and pretending they've been graded by a company.

subzero

Sith Lord
FYI, here's the same totally legit hologram sticker. :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hologram-Labels-Sticker-Warranty-Void-If-Removed-Tamper-Proof-Made-in-Germany/142545087204?hash=item2130596ae4:m:mmESI-pyNOo2vTCfHni-mQA

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hologram-Labels-Sticker-Warranty-Void-If-Removed-Tamper-Proof-Made-in-Germany/142545087204?hash=item2130596ae4:m:mmESI-pyNOo2vTCfHni-mQA

Nice work.

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 09.00.49.png

And then there was silence.

subzero

Sith Lord
tigerham said:
subzero said:

Nice work.

By the way he's responding to your comments i'd say he may be doing these himself, could be wrong though.

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
tigerham said:
subzero said:

Nice work.

By the way he's responding to your comments i'd say he may be doing these himself, could be wrong though.

My thoughts exactly as they seem to be defending whoever 'Sammlung' is although they could be defending them to protect their sales?! But going by the amount of 'graded' figures they have for sale by 'Sammlung' it is a bit suspicious.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom