Can't believe what some people pay for recards

subzero

Sith Lord
People with too much bloody money to throw away, i'm seeing prices like this more and more often, it's not that far off the price for a genuine MOC... :?:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leia-Boushh-Palitoy-65-Back-Star-Wars-Custom-Carded-Vintage-Figure-MOC/362324490660?hash=item545c38f9a4:g:cU0AAOSweEFbACQE

Complete with fake waffle pattern too, not seen that before. :shock:

TK-7785

Jedi Master
subzero said:
sparkysx said:
That thing looks awful.

It really does, and that fake oversized waffle pattern looks like the pattern on an ice cream wafer. :lol:

Wow! That really is an expensive ****. I would have happily put one of my girlfriend's dog's shits in a jiffy and bag and sent it to the buyer, save them £50.

On the waffle pattern, although it looks **** and wouldn't fool a even mildly seasoned collector, that will be something a new collector could see and think it's original. Not surprising there are tools out there experimenting with the next level of fakery. :roll:

Chris

subzero

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
subzero said:
sparkysx said:
That thing looks awful.

It really does, and that fake oversized waffle pattern looks like the pattern on an ice cream wafer. :lol:

Wow! That really is an expensive ****. I would have happily put one of my girlfriend's dog's shits in a jiffy and bag and sent it to the buyer, save them £50.

On the waffle pattern, although it looks **** and wouldn't fool a even mildly seasoned collector, that will be something a new collector could see and think it's original. Not surprising there are tools out there experimenting with the next level of fakery. :roll:

Chris

:lol: At least with dog **** they can actually do something with it and fertilise their garden.

Exactly, that's the problem with that pattern a newbie will have heard from a source or two that if it has a waffle pattern then it's genuine, a noob might see this repro and just bid, that could even be the case here with this auction with the amount of bids it's at because lets face it, not everyone actually reads descriptions or even titles before buying something.

r5-d4cus

Padawan
Going back years I made my mate a yoda orange snake moc out of a card printed on desktop printer, replete with permanent marker colouring in to get the black bits right.

It was a labour of love in a bromance way when a mint complete yoda was a tenner. It looked pants but was appreciated.

I'm considering getting the pen and printer out again, fifty quid for that is bonkers.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
They are selling quite a few recards, horrendous photoshopping skills on all of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom