do ebay have a big problem ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
The last couple of days I have looking at auctions that have just ended to see how much they were sold for. Most of the time when I open this auctions then it end up with opening another auction, it like the links are totally wrong :shock: is it just me that that problem or do all of you have the same problem ? :?

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
I was just looking before I logged in here, it was the same for me too, a bit weird for sure!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
chrisfnx said:
I was just looking before I logged in here, it was the same for me too, a bit weird for sure!

thanks I am glad it is not only me that have the problem :wink:

lejackal

Grand Master
They include a link to the item you're looking for in the word 'listing' - I suspect it's there way to try and get more sales.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
eBay have been pissing about with this for ages depending on your browser, I believe. But yes, it does appear they have now switched to full blown twattery and now when you share a link they simply redirect you to a "similar" auction that's still live.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
eBay have been pissing about with this for ages depending on your browser, I believe. But yes, it does appear they have now switched to full blown twattery and now when you share a link they simply redirect you to a "similar" auction that's still live.
I too have seen this for the first time this weekend.
But there is a bigger problem, for me at least, as the problem is the same in the Tracker app.
If you click on the raw data, if it was an eBay sale it does not link to the auction, but to "an item you maybe intrested in"!
I have PMed Jarad.

There is a way to find out the final sale price/bids though, if you were watching an auction, click on the number of bids link, and this will still take you there.
Hope that helps some?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
They include a link to the item you're looking for in the word 'listing' - I suspect it's there way to try and get more sales.
I suspect your right, typical eBay.
Jared has suggest that we let eBay know our feelings about this "upgrade"!
He has also pointed out that you can still view the original listing by clicking the blue listing link in the blue banner.
476239F8-E1FE-4671-9291-F09042D693AB.jpeg

subzero

Sith Lord
Me too, I was wondering what the hell was going on, I assumed maybe the seller edited the listing to a different item after the original item sold.

Ebay is full of problems. :|

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
Yes noticed it last week and it seems like they are making you look at an advertisement before you get to see what you where looking for.
Not unlike the path youtube has taken,cheers Dave.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
lejackal said:
He has also pointed out that you can still view the original listing by clicking the blue listing link in the blue banner.

thanks for the help about the listing by clicking, it works for me :D All the items ebay have shown instead have been items that I could not use so I can only say for me it does not work if they try to sell more items to me like that :roll:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mini99 said:
lejackal said:

Top tip! Thanks for showing it (and thanks Jared).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom