VCJ 80 grade & 85 grade ( price difference )

subzero

Sith Lord
Is this really the price difference between these two grades?, the difference in condition isn't anything to lose sleep over, but apparently bidders seem to think so, nearly £550 extra just for a slightly higher grade, both from the same seller, ending on the same day...

Untitled.png

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm afraid so, some people are driven by the 85 grade!
As you say there's probably nothing between the two other than that number!

lejackal

Grand Master
The seller is on here.

To answer the question though it's all about someone elses opinion, a guy I know was talking about high end comic grading last week and was saying a .1 increase in grade (9.2 to 9.3 for example) could mean hundreds if not thousands more on the price and that because of that he sees the same books graded multiple times a year as people try and obtain that extra point 1 (which ironically proves the stupidity of grade chasing at the same time)

subzero

Sith Lord
I would have expected maybe a £100+ difference but not £550. :shock:

Iv'e seen a good few 80's and 85's on ebay over the months and closely examined both, there's almost no difference between them, it's just madness! :lol:

I collected comics too for a short while several years ago, that's correct that on rare pieces that 0.1 can add a ton of money to it, I knew this was the same for figures too but just didn't think it would be as extreme as comics are.

Lindo

Sith Lord
I just bought an 85 grade for roughly the same amount, in hindsight I'd rather have bought the 80 grade and saved myself some dollars

subzero

Sith Lord
Lindo said:
I just bought an 85 grade for roughly the same amount, in hindsight I'd rather have bought the 80 grade and saved myself some dollars

Exactly, it's what I did when I had the option between the two, seen that the 80 grade one looked mint just like the 85 grade, and went with the 80 saving around £150.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Sold a 90 grade two years ago. Sold it ungraded for £1200 and the buyer had it graded- came back a 90. It was truly mint and even had a really strong 'brand new' smell. Stunning example- wonder what it would be worth now! :shock:

subzero

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Sold a 90 grade two years ago. Sold it ungraded for £1200 and the buyer had it graded- came back a 90. It was truly mint and even had a really strong 'brand new' smell. Stunning example- wonder what it would be worth now! :shock:

Don't think iv'e ever even seen a 90 VCJ, as a guess i'd say around £1800 - £2000?

Can't believe iv'e just typed that. :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I like graded stuff but I think it's ridiculous how much more collectors pay for higher graded stuff. I'll keep an eye out for a 75 grade at those prices! :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
I like graded stuff but I think it's ridiculous how much more collectors pay for higher graded stuff. I'll keep an eye out for a 75 grade at those prices! :lol:

The difference in condition between a 75 and 85 still wouldn't be much really, it can save yourself £600+ :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom