Header image

such a waste....

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: such a waste....

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:56 am

As Mike says, that's an old 90s photo. Didn't know Sean was signing that far back, but it's got all the look and feel of the 90s.

Had this been uncracked I think it would have been a shame, as it is, I have no issue with it and think it represents a nice thing. I'd happily own it.

In terms of value, it's subjective....as always! A better one of these, no squiggle traded hands in the last two weeks for £350 and then sold days later for £510. As I say, that only had one smaller crack at the top and, I think, was still a little low on value. I'll be interested to see where this ends up but I can see a sig adding to the value in this case. On some it inevitably will, Carrie, Kenny and others no longer with us.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:54 pm

lejackal wrote:
lejackal wrote:£1648.59

This is a lesson to read the description first :lol:

Seeing as it’s cracked at the bottom I’ll revise that to £857.68

I was thinking of more than £850 even with the crack and autograph.
Interesting you feel the same even with those “issues”.
I assume that these are not rare, they just get bought up and stay in collections, so making less for sale?

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Mini99 wrote:
lejackal wrote:
lejackal wrote:£1648.59

This is a lesson to read the description first :lol:

Seeing as it’s cracked at the bottom I’ll revise that to £857.68

I was thinking of more than £850 even with the crack and autograph.
Interesting you feel the same even with those “issues”.
I assume that these are not rare, they just get bought up and stay in collections, so making less for sale?

The regular Tri-logo Yak Face is not very rare at all really. OK, it's rarer than most figures, but only by virtue of being the last figure released, not being released in the US, and hence would have probably been produced in smaller numbers than its last 17 teammates. However, as stated in my previous post, this is the French Tri-logo version which comes with the black palace blaster, and this version certainly seems to be less common than the regular Tri-logo version with no weapon.

As for them getting bought up and staying in collections and hence making fewer for sale, I reckon that's probably fair. Yak Face would be about as popular as Nikto or Prune Face if it wasn't for him being the last figure released and America not getting him. Doubtless a lot of those Yaks originally released in Europe and elsewhere have since found their way over the pond into US collections, which will inevitably reduce supply over here to some extent. However whilst it's certainly rarer than Nikto or Prune Face, you can still all but guarantee that at any time you search eBay for a carded Yak Face (Tri-logo, at least, not POTF), you will always have a choice of several for sale, and that's not really the hallmark of something truly rare, IMHO.

As for a guess at the final sale price of this particular Yak, obviously as always it depends entirely on how many bidders want it and how much they're willing to spend, but my guess would be closer to £650-£700... Let's see how massively far off the mark I am! :lol:

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:17 am

£560.00.
Anyone surprised?
I thought it would have gone for more, possibly ended at the wrong time of day?

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Mini99 wrote:£560.00.
Anyone surprised?

Maybe something to do with fathers day?, not as many people will be around at their computers today compared to usual.

That's some bad timing right there I reckon! :shock:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:24 pm

Anyone surprised?

Looks like even my guess was on the high side! I think any auction ending over a weekend (providing it's not at a ridiculous hour of day) should ensure the maximum chance of interested parties bidding, so I wouldn't have thought this one ending at 11:14 am on a Sunday would adversely affect the final sale price, but I could of course be wrong!

I think in this case specifically, the bubble was cracked and damaged, and the card was signed, and some collectors don't want either of those things, so that automatically reduces the number of potential bidders. Against that of course, you have an opportunity for someone to get a carded Yak Face 'on the cheap' (even at £560!), so that may have encouraged some bidders to join in who might not have done so otherwise, although obviously if they're trying to get it relatively cheaply, they shouldn't be responsible for a high final bid.

Regardless, I hope whoever won this enjoys it :-)

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:54 pm

Reverse of the yak is this one

When I joined this forum wet behind the ears ( still am!) my lad had just bought a couple of repro cardbacks, which have gone by the wayside now :) other than this one.

JB signed to my lad at a SW Fun day at Burnley football club. I know it's a reproduction card but I def will keep this as it's a way of displaying an auto without defacing a vintage card

NB..Disclaimer prior to getting roasted!! .card clearly states it is reproduction on the reverse
Attachments
IMG_3091.JPG
IMG_3091.JPG (153.06 KiB) Viewed 189 times
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:21 pm

subzero wrote:
Anyone surprised?

Maybe something to do with fathers day?, not as many people will be around at their computers today compared to usual.

That's some bad timing right there I reckon! :shock:

Looks like even my guess was on the high side! I think any auction ending over a weekend (providing it's not at a ridiculous hour of day) should ensure the maximum chance of interested parties bidding, so I wouldn't have thought this one ending at 11:14 am on a Sunday would adversely affect the final sale price, but I could of course be wrong!

It being Fathers day and more so the auction ending mid morning seemed poor timing to me.
I think it would have been better to finish this one late evening?
Oh well I think that someone got it at a fair price and I hope they are very happy with this addition to their collection, if indeed they are a collector!

DarthDooDoo
Regular
Regular

Postby DarthDooDoo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:26 am

I've met Sean a few times, he works as a handyman in my little patch of West London.

I'm sure he'd be gutted to know that his autograph actually decreased the value of the card!

Return to “Ebay Listings”