Header image

Seriously! where do people get these stupid prices from

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Seriously! where do people get these stupid prices from

Postby sparkysx » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:44 pm

ffs

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:39 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Here's another listing from a seller that's clearly high as a kite:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Star-Wa ... 3123229399

Yours for just $99 + $21 shipping :roll:

OK, for starters, yes it's Star Wars, but NO it's not vintage! Is it really that difficult to understand the difference? Secondly, it's about as rare as hydrogen. And thirdly, just because it's Star Wars doesn't mean it's worth a fortune, you imbecile. I could buy about 5 of them for that price!

However, the listing goes on to give a description of the item, so perhaps that will justify the price tag. I copy and paste it below exactly as it is written on eBay:

"A is:
Vintage Star Wars Speeder Bike Shadows of The Empire C9 or More

Vehicle is in excellent condition.
Aware of some action figures variations can be a holy grial. Owed to the fact that can be Tri-Logo, Kenner, Palitoy, Lili Ledy. Made in different countries. Please do research for more details.
(I bought the figures and vehicles that I am selling just for their c9 - c10 condition) :)"

So that explains it then. The good news is that the action figure might be a 'holy grial', whatever that is, plus the fact that apparently crappy modern SOTE Swoop bikes can even be made by Palitoy! And there was me thinking the company folded years ago!

I am however rather fond of the Niagara of irony to be found in his advice, 'Please do research for more details' :lol:

:shock: I give up

TrooperWill
Regular
Regular

Postby TrooperWill » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:32 am

in fairness thats the best play-set/vehicle/maintenance toy ever made, the pinnacle of the vintage star wars collecting hobby and the subject of every child's fondest, rose tinted memory....

bargain at 40 odd quid, ill sell you the tools for a fiver each if you want, which is a bargin price to complete it....

spot the sarcasm! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I prefer trading items to buying them, have a loose run, about half the ships/vehicles and all the mini-rigs, spent under £200 and have had a blast doing so. This hobby doesn't have to be about spending a mortgage deposit every month on one item

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:20 pm

TrooperWill wrote:in fairness thats the best play-set/vehicle/maintenance toy ever made, the pinnacle of the vintage star wars collecting hobby and the subject of every child's fondest, rose tinted memory....

bargain at 40 odd quid, ill sell you the tools for a fiver each if you want, which is a bargin price to complete it....

What :shock: so you never wanted a vehicle maintenance energiser as a kid :?: ............ must just be me then :lol: :lol: :lol: never got one though..............gutted i was :wink:
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Ruby2511 wrote:
TrooperWill wrote:in fairness thats the best play-set/vehicle/maintenance toy ever made, the pinnacle of the vintage star wars collecting hobby and the subject of every child's fondest, rose tinted memory....

What :shock: so you never wanted a vehicle maintenance energiser as a kid :?: ............ must just be me then :lol: :lol: :lol: never got one though..............gutted i was :wink:

:lol:

Return to “Ebay Listings”