Seriously! where do people get these stupid prices from

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vehicle-Maintenance-Energizer-Original-Star-Wars-Vintage-Toy-1982/273347053762?hash=item3fa4c108c2:g:d5oAAOSwuyNbJ~ho

you can get MIB for the same price.

subzero

Sith Lord
I love the ones who price something at hundreds of pounds above it's value, then repeatedly relist the damn thing without lowering the price, like as if someone will eventually buy it. I see it with anything collectable, there's always that handful of people where as soon as they catch slight wind of something they own being a bit sought after they cream their pants out of excitement and list it for a ton of money.

Iv'e been seeing the same thing with the 2017 Isaac Newton 50p coin, just because it's got a 'low mintage' someone only needs to hear those words and iv'e seen a couple of complete idiots list it for like £2000, it's worth about ****ing £2 or less because they're everywhere :lol: ... I messaged the moron with laughing emojis and he didn't reply back, however he did put his price down to £500 like as if that's gonna sell now because it's cheap.. :?: :?: :?:

It's delusion at the dumbest level, these are adults too which is quite worrying.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Here is another seller who was clearly on drugs when he priced up this one :!:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202414637233

Listing it as a MOC, tut tut :!: The figure can b totally removed from the card. Granted the figure looks mint but at the end of the day all u got a two piece lot; a loose figure and an opened card priced at 3K :?

What killed it for me was the statement "worth grading in my opinion" :lol:

pmsbull

Jedi Master
Finds dog chewed modern stormtrooper under the sofa...

"OMG - it's STAR WARS - I'm rich!" :roll:

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Here's your answer...

"selling from my personal much loved childhood collection"

It's the got the old, personal, emotional attachment tax already applied. :roll:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vehicle-Maintenance-Energizer-Original-Star-Wars-Vintage-Toy-1982/273347053762?hash=item3fa4c108c2:g:d5oAAOSwuyNbJ~ho

Crazy :lol:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
:lol:
TK-7785 said:
Here's your answer...

"selling from my personal much loved childhood collection"

It's the got the old, personal, emotional attachment tax already applied. :roll:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Some one has listed a load of high graded MOC's at stupid prices. 41 back dengar for over £1000 and a load of others. Mind boggling. :roll:

hunters

I see this alot with lego too.

I had a theory that they have 5 units to sell of something worth 200 so they list one at 250 and the other 4 at 400 and hope someone thinks they get a bargain at 250.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
I gave one of these to my kids to play with along with a load of figs that these ebay knobs would probably value at 10k......because its STAR WARS !!!!!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
sparkysx said:
I gave one of these to my kids to play with along with a load of figs that these ebay knobs would probably value at 10k......because its STAR WARS !!!!!

yep

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Here's another listing from a seller that's clearly high as a kite:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Star-Wars-Vintage-Kenner-Speeder-Bike-c9-Shadows-of-the-empire/223123229399

Yours for just $99 + $21 shipping :roll:

OK, for starters, yes it's Star Wars, but NO it's not vintage! Is it really that difficult to understand the difference? Secondly, it's about as rare as hydrogen. And thirdly, just because it's Star Wars doesn't mean it's worth a fortune, you imbecile. I could buy about 5 of them for that price!

However, the listing goes on to give a description of the item, so perhaps that will justify the price tag. I copy and paste it below exactly as it is written on eBay:

"A is:
Vintage Star Wars Speeder Bike Shadows of The Empire C9 or More

Vehicle is in excellent condition.
Aware of some action figures variations can be a holy grial. Owed to the fact that can be Tri-Logo, Kenner, Palitoy, Lili Ledy. Made in different countries. Please do research for more details.
(I bought the figures and vehicles that I am selling just for their c9 - c10 condition) :)"

So that explains it then. The good news is that the action figure might be a 'holy grial', whatever that is, plus the fact that apparently crappy modern SOTE Swoop bikes can even be made by Palitoy! And there was me thinking the company folded years ago!

I am however rather fond of the Niagara of irony to be found in his advice, 'Please do research for more details' :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
StarWarsFan said:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Here's another listing from a seller that's clearly high as a kite:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Star-Wars-Vintage-Kenner-Speeder-Bike-c9-Shadows-of-the-empire/223123229399

Yours for just $99 + $21 shipping :roll:

OK, for starters, yes it's Star Wars, but NO it's not vintage! Is it really that difficult to understand the difference? Secondly, it's about as rare as hydrogen. And thirdly, just because it's Star Wars doesn't mean it's worth a fortune, you imbecile. I could buy about 5 of them for that price!

However, the listing goes on to give a description of the item, so perhaps that will justify the price tag. I copy and paste it below exactly as it is written on eBay:

"A is:
Vintage Star Wars Speeder Bike Shadows of The Empire C9 or More

Vehicle is in excellent condition.
Aware of some action figures variations can be a holy grial. Owed to the fact that can be Tri-Logo, Kenner, Palitoy, Lili Ledy. Made in different countries. Please do research for more details.
(I bought the figures and vehicles that I am selling just for their c9 - c10 condition) :)"

So that explains it then. The good news is that the action figure might be a 'holy grial', whatever that is, plus the fact that apparently crappy modern SOTE Swoop bikes can even be made by Palitoy! And there was me thinking the company folded years ago!

I am however rather fond of the Niagara of irony to be found in his advice, 'Please do research for more details' :lol:

:shock: I give up

TrooperWill

Padawan
in fairness thats the best play-set/vehicle/maintenance toy ever made, the pinnacle of the vintage star wars collecting hobby and the subject of every child's fondest, rose tinted memory....

bargain at 40 odd quid, ill sell you the tools for a fiver each if you want, which is a bargin price to complete it....

spot the sarcasm! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TrooperWill said:
in fairness thats the best play-set/vehicle/maintenance toy ever made, the pinnacle of the vintage star wars collecting hobby and the subject of every child's fondest, rose tinted memory....

bargain at 40 odd quid, ill sell you the tools for a fiver each if you want, which is a bargin price to complete it....

What :shock: so you never wanted a vehicle maintenance energiser as a kid :?: ............ must just be me then :lol: :lol: :lol: never got one though..............gutted i was :wink:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
TrooperWill said:

What :shock: so you never wanted a vehicle maintenance energiser as a kid :?: ............ must just be me then :lol: :lol: :lol: never got one though..............gutted i was :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom