Query about item damaged during transit with Global Shipping

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Heya guys,

Just wondered if anyone had ever had anything get knackered during transit via GSP? I bought a joblot of Funko mini figures from the Fallout 4 game. Arrived yesterday from America and two of the figures are broken. They weren't particularly well packaged with all of the figures just in ziplock bags banging around in a box. I thought it would be up to eBay to ensure everything is packaged well as they forward it on from America? So surely they are at fault not the seller? The rest of the figures are fine, just one of the two that was broken was only available at Hot Topic, a store in the states and isn't available to buy elsewhere so is hard to come by! Where would I stand about getting a partial refund, do they only give refunds if I send the item back, considering it's eBay at fault?

Just wondered if anyone else had ever experienceddamage via GSP!

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Start a claim and see what happens, don't pay for return postage. You may get a partial refund, the seller might be able to get his money back from ebay aswell but that isn't your problem.

pmsbull

Jedi Master
Under the International Postal Agrement, the responsability lies with the company that the seller used to send the item to you -
REGARDLESS if the damage happened during transit in England or elswhere, this is what Royal Fail customer services will tell you...
and they are right. The company he used to send the item MUST reimburse him.

It will likely take MONTHS for him to get his case processed.

You need to go through ebay process of contacting seller and also filing a claim.
It's up to you if you want to file a full or partial claim.
If you need to return items, there should be an arrangement made via Ebay so you are not out of pocket.
Best bet is to get on their Live Chat ( not easy to find as they hide it well ! )

Use this link, scroll all the way down as far as it goes, then clik the box on the right that says "chat with us"

http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?query=1464&ref=1

You'll get a guy in Mumbai or somewhere else that types in overly polite English and uses phrases desiged to pacify you that will actually just wind you up, and you may get passed tom another department,but bear with them, because once you explain clearly in easy to grasp way what has went on, they can be very helpful.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Heya guys, just thought I'd post an update in case anyone was interested. Contacted seller, he was a top bloke, really friendly and eager to sort it all out. He said he would give me a partial refund and try and get reimbursed by eBay as it was their fault. He seemed quite concerned by his seller rating and I not to worry as I wasn't gonna rashly leave negative feedback as it wasn't necessarily his fault. I opened a case up and in the messages mentioned that I acknowledged it wasn't his fault and uploading pictures of the knackered figures.

Had to wait for eBay to step in to pass their judgement but I couldn't be arsed waiting, so I decided to ring them after a couple of days. The eBay lady looked at the case and decided in my favour, said that eBay/shipping company was at fault and told me to let the seller know he didn't have to give me a refund. She told me to keep the whole lot of figures without having to send any back, and gave me a full refund as well.

Pretty impressed with the speed of it all, and the fact they gave me a full refund. I would have been happy with just a wee bit off not the considerable amount I had spent (£100 plus postage).

So if anyone ever has any issues with GSP, I wouldn't hesitate to make a complaint as they do seem to take issues quite seriously.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've been watching this post from the start, that's great news, many thanks for the update.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
So late to the party it's finished, but I'll add the following anyway:

GSP is an absolute winner for this sort of thing. Never had to claim for damage via GSP as a buyer, but as a seller I've had two items arrive damaged. One was a 1990s Sony stereo system. As in, a whole systeming including speakers. How the hell GSP agreed to ship it in the first place I don't know, but they did. Anyway, packed it really well and off it went to Spain via Lichfield. It arrived and the CD player wouldn't work. I called ebay as to what to do and they said "chill, GSP's problem, we'll open a case for you against GSP but rather than wait for it to resolve I'll send the buyer a full refund now. They keep the system and get the refund, you keep the money". Result #1.

Fast Forward to last month. Similar scenario with a posh label machine. Arrives and there's a damaged button. I had tested it and it appeared OK to me. Once again eBay stepped in, refunded the buyer and I kept the money. Result #2.

It would appear eBay are taking a super tough stance with Pitney Bowes. Basically, if something passes through their hands and damage ISN'T noted when it arrives with them (and with electrical equipment unless they test it how can they?) then they consider any damage subsequently found to be Pitney Bowes' liability. Now that's what I call a result. I guess they're getting paid a lot of money and eBay want them to earn it.

Moral of the story: always ship high value stuff out of the UK using GSP. Avoid it like the plague when importing high value stuff, though!

indianawars

Sith Lord
I'll give GSP their dues, it's always be hassle free for me. One quick phone call and every thing has been sorted. But I've never attempted to sent MOCs through the service, so I have no idea on their approach with vintage toys?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom