Rebel Commando MOC?

subzero

Sith Lord
Crazy price aside, is this fake?, back of the card is glossy looking and the bubble don't seem right, and if i'm not mistaken it even looks like there's some sort of sticky strips placed inside the bubble to keep the feet stuck to it??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-1983-Rebel-Commando-New-Sealed/132774631823?epid=2162127807&hash=item1ee9fc198f:g:V6EAAOSw7aFbAbVG

stu70

Padawan
Would his rifle be placed over his shoulder if it was genuine, or should it just be loose in the bubble?

subzero

Sith Lord
stu70 said:
Would his rifle be placed over his shoulder if it was genuine, or should it just be loose in the bubble?

Lol I didn't even notice that, yeah I think it should be just loose in there, same as if a blaster is in the figure's hand they wouldn't have packed them like that either.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
It's a repro/recard. New bubble and card. The guy is either chancing it or a total dick...or both. Aside from a Meccano MOC or maybe a Canadian 65 back even the mintiest Rebel Commando shouldn't command even half that price.

subzero

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
That bubble makes my eyes bleed, what a pile of crap.

:lol:

This all confirms my first thoughts then, a load of garbage, i'll be letting the seller know, but if he's aware of what he has then i'd be wasting my time, and if he's not aware of it then in his mind he's just lost several hundred quid so might not want to believe me. :?

Thanks for the input guys!

subzero

Sith Lord
He also has this baggie up for sale, fake or no fake?, I know nothing about baggies!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-1983-Emperors-Royal-Guard-Baggie-New/132774632418?hash=item1ee9fc1be2:g:S0AAAOSw1PJbAbhK

TK-7785

Jedi Master
subzero said:
He also has this baggie up for sale, fake or no fake?, I know nothing about baggies!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-1983-Emperors-Royal-Guard-Baggie-New/132774632418?hash=item1ee9fc1be2:g:S0AAAOSw1PJbAbhK

Looks like he's only capable valuing items at £350. :roll:

stu70

Padawan
Looks like he's changed the description to say it's a never opened reproduction, still wants £350 for it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-1983-Rebel-Commando-New-Sealed/132774631823?epid=2162127807&hash=item1ee9fc198f:g:V6EAAOSw7aFbAbVG

TK-7785

Jedi Master
stu70 said:
Looks like he's changed the description to say it's a never opened reproduction, still wants £350 for it.

To be fair, he's offering free postage. What a guy! :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
Now I think he knew full well what he was trying to sell, I messaged him this morning telling him it's repro and he never messaged back, yet adds "reproduction" into the description to cover his ass and doesn't bother putting it in the title, so he's still trying to trick people with it. :?

TrooperWill

Padawan
if im honest, this is one of the main reasons i haven't dipped my toe into the MOC collecting pool. i might just do a £30 and cheaper run, hoover up all the knackered klattu and ree-yees floating about, at least i wouldn't have to worry about re-pro, cant see anyone bothering to fake them!

subzero

Sith Lord
TrooperWill said:
if im honest, this is one of the main reasons i haven't dipped my toe into the MOC collecting pool. i might just do a £30 and cheaper run, hoover up all the knackered klattu and ree-yees floating about, at least i wouldn't have to worry about re-pro, cant see anyone bothering to fake them!

I'm almost sure iv'e seen a fake Madine MOC once. :lol:

I think to some people out there spending £5+ to put together a repro MOC to sell for £50 is still very lucrative.

TrooperWill

Padawan
TrooperWill wrote:if im honest, this is one of the main reasons i haven't dipped my toe into the MOC collecting pool. i might just do a £30 and cheaper run, hoover up all the knackered klattu and ree-yees floating about, at least i wouldn't have to worry about re-pro, cant see anyone bothering to fake them!

I'm almost sure iv'e seen a fake Madine MOC once.

jesus wept, id rather have the one loose madine, dont know i could ever bring myself to buy a second loose, let alone a MOC, maybe thats why people buy the reseals, so they dont have to admit they spent proper money on him :lol: :lol:

I think to some people out there spending £5+ to put together a repro MOC to sell for £50 is still very lucrative.

ill agree that thats a good proft line, far better than most retailers get, but come on, how many can you make before everyone who would want one has bought one and you cannot give them away? my money is on 3 or 4... :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom